Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snowbee gear
Has anybody ever heard of snowbee rod and reels i think there from UK or somewhere like that. Seen on the web that they got some pretty good deals. Does anybody know if they are any good or not.

Was thinkin of a switch rod/reel around a 8wt for the upper salmon river for steelhead and salmon.

Also what do you look for in a reel to put on a switch rod like the one describe above. And what action rod do you want as well. I'm asuming fast but want other peoples input
[signature]
Not familiar with them but they could rig you all up with rod, line and reel...that is cool. Not sure what the Warranty covers, a lot now a days are manufacturer defects only. What is a PACKAGE price?

Check this package out too:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?c...ps-sellers

There are budget rods and reels available.

My question, if you are going for an 8 wt (either the 7/8 or the 8/9) why a switch and not a spey....the extra foot and a half?
Just seems like a lot more choices for a Spey.
[signature]
i was thinkin the switch because then i have the option of overhand cast or spey cast with the right line, so i think[:/]
[signature]
Possibly. A rod that long can be a little taxing. I was just curious because you are going with an 8 weight. Now a 4, 5 or 6 I am all for switch.

Just me talking, please don't take what I say as the RIGHT way...I have no idea.
[signature]