Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starvation?
Any reports or info on starvation? Would like to hit Knight hollow or bunny gulch.
[signature]
A good freind went by there last week. He said the entire lake was discolored and muddy, something he had never seen before. No fishing report however
[signature]
I decided to call the state park around 4:30 today. This is what I found out:

water temps 49
muddy from strawberry river to just under the bridge. Anglers catching fish under the bridge.
Rabbit gulch and Knight Hollow (only areas I asked about) clear water.
Water low right now, they are getting ready for the flood by releasing water. No water being pumped in from the duchesne river so knight hollow clear.
Knight Hollow and Rabbit Gulch camping areas open.
Large rainbow trout and brown trout being caught, some perch being caught. Slow for bass.

That is what I was told by the person that answered the phone at Starvation!
[signature]
Is there a lot of trout in starvation? I am going there in June for a family trip and I would like to fish for trout is it worth bring the pontoon boat?
[signature]
Yes yes and yes! Last year I was catching 17" + fish. This year they will be larger. They planted some rainbows a few years back and they have been growing fast. The action is fast for the rainbow.[cool] I use my pontoon wherever I can. Starvation is one of the best spots. Lots of access points for launching. Here is a pic of one of the trout from last year. They are fat and healthy.
[inline "DSCN0808 - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Starvation Steelheads as Tubedude calls them. You might check some of his past reports, he's got lots of suggestions of what brings them in (especially if it's pink or red).

And don't forget the Walleye. And talk about some fat-chunky Perch. Never did make it there last year, but it's high on the list for an overnight adventure this year.

In case you haven't seen it - here's TDs Starvation map. Plus a couple more detailed Rabbit Gulch maps.

Seems like a real fertile, productive water. Just watch out for the w&#d.
Last year at starvation i caught enormous trout, Walleye, Perch, and Smallmouth all on the same Rapala countdown. Trolling just about anywhere parallel and close to the shoreline worked great for me. I caught most of my walleye casting from the shore!
[signature]
Monday i am heading out there to pave the state park Parking lot for a week What has been working there I will need something to do on my down time after work.[bobhappy][bobhappy][bobhappy][bobhappy]
[signature]
Fished Starvation today from just before 6:am till about 2:30.
Tested the waters for multi-species. Nada on Walleye and Perch, but didn't have the confidence to try that long. Was surprised to get some Smallmouth to bite. Caught 2 very respectable. Trout was fair/good as far as how fast the fishing was, but the quality of the trout is outstanding!! Put my hands on about 10 of them and lost another 3-4 right at the boat. Caught one Brown that at least in my book was a HOG, got another one just slightly smaller at the boat and he broke me off :-((
Water temp was 49-50 where ever.. Didn't go any farther West than Indian Bay. Not much action in Rabbit Gulch.
Breezy off and on but no complaints on that at all...
Good luck to all..
[signature]
Thanks for the report. This is infornatiobln good to know.
[signature]