Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek Sat June 4th
Got off work at 1pm decided day was too noce to go into the other job and process data. hit DC day use area next to the Bridge and river inlet at approx 3pm. launched the tube and started kickin. went across lake to west bank after making my way about 40 yards south of the "beach" at launch site. used a bottom bouncer with a worm harness on one rod and tossed several different cranks with the other pole. nothing all day. think I may have missed about 4 hits on the bouncer setup, quick tug and release, not like the spongy tighten up and pop back when it hit the weeds. anyhow, no "W" to speak of, was a nice breeze that kept it comfortable in the tube. paddled back towards soldier hollow area on west end until i hit the flats again then back across the rivere inlet to the beach by 6:45. nothing landed. very nice day out though, got nervouse along the west bank as some kids were up on the trail hitting rocks with golf clubs into the water, couple shots came within 10 yards of me and boats that were there vacated the area but my finns didnt move me that fast so i just headed to deeper water out of range of the shots, until I heard a "CRAP...FORE!!!" and that shot just about landed in my lap with a loud sploosh!!! darn kids. I should have called the rangers, but the kids were longs gone, that last shot i guess was too close for them and they packed it in. could hardly walk sunday, but the wife had yard work in mind.

tight lines all,
[signature]
Great report were u just targeting the walleye and bass ? I was out there sunday morning about 11 and just decided to go for the trout trolled popgear and a wedding ring with worm did good for my ten year old boy my set up worked best for me I was dragging a three inch brown floating rapala had tjree people in the boat we had our limit In an hour them trout hit the rapalas like they had a grudge on tjem all in all a pretty good day
[signature]