Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dose your state or country hold a world record for a fish species?
if so please share it here, [center]if so please share it here. pics are always welcome[/center] [center]([#ff0000]world records only please, not state records[/#ff0000])[/center]
[signature]

Hi there davetclown,

I'm sure I am only seeing the tip of the iceberg here but I have a few for 'California' but with a slight disclaimer.

1) These fish were caught on rod and reel.
2) May or may not be acknowledged by the IGFA.
3) May be only line class records not 'All-tackle' records.
4) May be old records.
5) Some species omitted may be not considered sportfish by the DFG or no records are kept on a species.

Sturgeon- 468 on 60lb line but 'All-tackle'
Redear Sunfish- Over 5 pounds
California Halibut- As opposed to Pacific Halibut
California Corbina- Not Orangemouth Corvina
California Golden Trout- Not hybrids
California Yellowtail- As opposed to Southern, etc.

Seems like someone caught a world record White Sea Bass at either Santa Barbara or the Channel Islands a few months back. Or was that a Yellowtail???? Anyway world record class.

If I was willing to (put out the cash) again be a member of the IGFA, I'm sure I'd have better data.

Help me out gvanzant and others. Oh ya, does Baja, California count? ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]North Carolina has three World All Tackle Record that I know about.

Bluefish 31 lbs 12 oz at Cape Hatteras in 1972 by James Hussey

Red Drum 94 lbs 2 oz at Hatteras Island in 1984 by David G. Deuel

Spanish Mackerel 13 lbs 0 oz at Ocracoke Inlet in 1987 by Robert Cranton[/size][/font]
[signature]
[size 2] I think I hold the biggest paper bag fish record! The bag full of water must of weighed 10 pounds! Anyone catch a bigger bag?[cool][/size]
[signature]
[center]The Texas state record common snook is 57 lb 4 oz.It was caught down here at South Padre Island Texas in 1937.[/center] [center]The World Record (53lb 10 oz ) common snook was caught in Cost Rica in 1978, It was smaller than the Texas state record.[/center] [center]Go Figure[/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=734;][/center]
[signature]
about this time last year I caught the all tackle world record goldfish here in southern California

Matt
[signature]
do you have a picture or have a place on the net where it is hanging?

I sure would like to see that. what did you catch him on?
[signature]
I caught him on my 10in prototype trout swimbait! (just kidding) I caught him on a dough ball while messing around with some carp.

[url "http://momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=54403"]http://momentoffame.com/snapshot.html?id=54403[/url]

9.6lbs

Matt
[signature]
thats funny how some of our biggest fish come when we are just messing around. lol

man that thing's tail looks like it is used for swatting horseflies.
[signature]