Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Bait
[cool] Do you use Power Bait? How many colors do you normally cary with you?

Do the fish in your area change thier color preference from time to time?

I use power bait once in awhile. I carry roughly 18 colors in a kit mostly because in some areas, the trout will change color preference about every 20 minutes. What is your experience with Power Bait?
[signature]
well the price of gass drove me to using power baots this year, and I can say, that I did not do as well as my prefered methods, but you wont get a discuringing word from me. That is I did catch a respectable amount of fish this year.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool] Hey Dave, is there any particular color that you may have used in particular and what kind of fish resulted from the catch? I have to ask that because some people have caught LMB, Walleye and Cats on trout power bait. That's all part of my study that I am working on. Thanks again for your input.
[signature]
I have yet to see one that will be selected by only one species. it seems like if one fish likes it thay all like it and the other way around. if one species wont hit on it I wont get a bite all day on that particular color or flavor.

Crappie bass perch trout, but no walleye yet, but to be honest I have not targeted walleye with a bower baits. I did make my own power bait one time and it worked well, I dipped my worms in it before dropping it down, pulled up my limmit in just a couple hours. out fished every one on the river that day. that one was red.

I have been picking all the colors, the pan fish do seem to like brite yellow, even over chartruce.
[signature]