Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Finder Installation LMS-522C iGPS
Installation of the Fish Finder and the Transducer, the only thing is that I couldn't find glands that were the correct size.

The FF I have has very big terminal connectors so I ended up having to think creatively.

[Image: 15hd0ec.jpg]

I ended up using standard 'Gardena' hose connectors. Having to file them was a mission... lol.

[Image: 2drwba9.jpg]

[Image: 10prtqx.jpg]

[Image: 309h2rl.jpg]

When I initially installed the Transducer I found that after I siliconed it in place it wasn't flush with the bottom of the Kayak. I then removed it and cut the moulded mounting bracket off. After re-installing the Transducer, it was now recessed well inside the Kayak away from anything that could damage it.

To be fair, the Fluid Bamba is supplied with a space underneath the hull for the installation of a Transducer making life a lot easier. You can install the Transducer inside the hull it just takes a while for the water temperature to display correctly.

[Image: otfarb.jpg]

Installing the makeshift glands...

[Image: 1xz781.jpg]

Of course I must admit that drilling and cutting holes into my Bamba was a nerve wracking experience, to say the least. It's not something you should do unless you are 100% sure... lol.

[Image: 16bg56g.jpg]

[Image: 6iusci.jpg]

I cut the holes just a little smaller than the glands, I had to really force them in. By adding Marine Silicone it guaranteed a water tight seal.

[Image: 34ssb53.jpg]

[Image: 33y4cif.jpg]

[Image: 20gmes4.jpg]

[Image: jb7asm.jpg]

I must say the RAM Mount isn't the cheapest alternative but when it comes to being able to put the FF where you want it when you want it is really great. If I need to get into the front hatch I just pull it forward, if I'm sitting side on I can just adjust it accordingly. And of course while I paddling I can lean it back completely out of the way. I suppose if you have a smaller FF it's not really a 'have-to-have'.

[Image: 2ryps7o.jpg]

[Image: 1zmijoz.jpg]

[Image: 5lduz9.jpg]

[Image: qpf7yu.jpg]

[Image: 6fpdlx.jpg]

[Image: 34yp7gw.jpg]

[Image: 1yadec.jpg]

[Image: 20tjz1l.jpg]
[signature]