Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kayak Tackle/Lure/Tools Storage Box...
So after much 'head scratching', plotting and planning I decided a while back to just go ahead and build myself a storage container for all my lures, tools and tackle.

I looked all over and there just wasn't anything that seemed to be exactly or at least close to what I wanted.

I attached it to the existing hatch cover, there were already holes drilled which made for easy mounting.

The perspex glue just took time to dry and with all the bends I had no choice but to do it piece by piece...

[Image: 2nkuy9v.jpg]

[Image: t7gzza.jpg]

[Image: 2rwqh48.jpg]

Right, so the basic box is complete. There's 3 mounting points underneath with rubber washers to absorb shock, knocks and bumps. It's also raised slightly which will help with drainage...

[Image: o5xj42.jpg]

It's starting to come together...

[Image: m8k8s7.jpg]

[Image: 2ymsub5.jpg]

Something about the glare coming off the black perspex was going to be distracting. I sanblasted everything and then using some vinyl, I cut to create a bait cutting board and some 'special efects'...

All that's left to do is some touch up's, final hinge assembly and mounting to hatch cover...

[Image: xaqgzc.jpg]

[Image: mcslty.jpg]

[Image: 309hgrd.jpg]

I attached sides to the lid, it's going to help stop water from getting onto my tackle.

[Image: 54g1mx.jpg]

Hinges are glued in place.

[Image: 2vvvzeu.jpg]

The existing hatch cover is not perfectly flat. I didn't want to just tighten everything flush without making a plan with spacers of some kind, incase I ended up cracking or damaging the perspex.

You get rubber washers the plumbing guys use in the repair of taps, they work great.

[Image: mv17b4.jpg]

[Image: 15eh7wg.jpg]

[Image: 2hx14pi.jpg]

[Image: 2r70ygy.jpg]

[Image: dpk955.jpg]

[Image: 2n6dc1y.jpg]

I made sure that the lid was a snug fit, almost to the point where it fits too tightly.

What I considered doing is that eventually I'd just attach a small strip of velcro to ensure that the lid stays closed.

Here's the pics of the side and the rubber seal...

[Image: 33cb5mr.jpg]

[Image: qp30yf.jpg]

[Image: 280muyx.jpg]

Just to give you guys an idea of just how well the lid 'sits'...

[Image: 2sbmihd.jpg]

While paddling it all ties down securely...

[Image: 2zphxdd.jpg]
[signature]