Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Bait
[cool] Do you use Power Bait? How many colors do you normally cary with you?

Do the fish in your area change thier color preference from time to time?

I use power bait once in awhile. I carry roughly 18 colors in a kit mostly because in some areas, the trout will change color preference about every 20 minutes. What is your experience with Power Bait?
[signature]
Hey tubeN2
I was hoping I could get some advice on Powerbaits.
Well I'v sort of used them for a couple years and have cought very few fish , I just havnt been that serious with them as I am now.
Do you have any tips and techniques on texas rigs, california, and jerkbaits.
Im also looking for like a 7" worm that I like that i can use regurarly and like any 5" soft jerkbaits.(im thinking about getting some of the power bait jerkbaits.)(colors?)
By the way do u use any of the 7" powerworm ribbon tails.
hope you can answer my questions
Thanks,
Michael
[signature]
Hey PunkBass, I've been using power bait for a number of years now. There are some places where 1 or 2 particular colors will usually get your foot into the door. There are other places where every color under the rainbow won't even get you noticed.

They have a power bait spinner out now. You just pack some of the dough into it. They are called the "Scent Vents". I have had some luck on them but as I said, sometimes fish won't budge.

I have used the power worms as well for LMB and smallies. There are also another type that are trout worms. They are much smaller in diameter and have the texture and feel of blood worms.

I do like the 7 in power worms though and have had success with the split tail power grubs. Out here in Cali, we don't have the 7in split tail worms yet. Some trends start here and others don't reach us until the rest of the market has worn out the techniques on them.

I usually use the power worms with a Carolina rig, Texas rig or Wacky rig. I have found out that the wacky rig does trigger even the most finicky LMB to striking.

I hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask me if you need anything else. Also feel free to visit me on the CA board as well. I do accept all visitors there with an open mind and try to help anyone that I can.
[signature]
Hey TubeN2,

Do you ever use soft jerkbaits, if you do What kind and how do u fish them?

And what color do you think would be a good color for the ribbon tail or the normal power worm.

And with the ribbon or powerworm wwhat kind of cover do you fish them around?

And Do you use any other brands of plastics?

hope you can answer my questions, thanks

Michael
[signature]
On the soft jerkbaits I mostly use the Goggle eyes, Storm lures and AAs. There are a variety of colors and most of the colors are location specific as well as time of day.

I mostly like to hook up through brush or forage of the fish. The presentation will vary depending on time of day and the amount of shade available. Since it does get pretty hot here fast in Cali, there are time frames in which to fish from.

Early morning and late afternoon(just like most areas) are some of your best times. You can use a variety from Texas, Carolina, or wacky rigs. During these time frames and drop shot or double drop shot in between these time frames. That too depends upon the structure type that your are fishiing.

If the area has too many underwater snags or trees then I will use the Panther Martin frogs with an added split shot and just drag it over and around whatever is there.

It's a little different for tulies and duck moss where I will try to stay on top more. This is not the ideal time of year for top water in most areas unless the temperatures are agreeing with the species.

I do float tube alot and I'm able to go to better depths for some of the bigger bass as required. One of the other techniques that are working well from a float tube is casting the Storm rattling crawdads from out in the tube towards the bank and using a slow retreival.
[signature]
hey TubeN2

Thanks for all the advice that really helped alot with my veiw about plastics.

I'v been looking around for a while for a worm that i like and i think i found it. Its the Culprit original worm and the powerbait power worm or ribbon tail still desiding.

I'v had a lot of luck on the top water frog over lilly pads. thas what i usually fish when there are thick pads. do u have a lot of lilly padsin California. if you do do u use anything else to get the fish in the pads besides topwater.

And by the way i havnt tried the dropshotting and im thinking of giving it a try. i know how to hook it up but not how to fish it and where

thanks for the help

Michael
[font "Arial"][size 4][font "Arial"][size 2][size 4][font "Verdana"][size 2][size 2]We apologize but do to the copyrighted information contained in this post it had to be removed. For those of you interested in reviewing the content of this post please visit?[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/font] [left][font "Arial"][size 2][url "http://www.bassresource.com/features/dropshot_bass_fishing.html"]http://www.bassresource.com/features/dropshot_bass_fishing.html[/url]
(This is a great article on drop shotting and I would like to thank the owners of this site for thier understanding in this matter)[/size][/font][/left] [left][font "Arial"][size 2]I am very sure no malice was intended in posting this information but would like to remind everyone that copy and pasting content from another site in these forums is prohibited without permission from the site owners.[/left][/size][/font][/size][/font]
[signature]
hey Bassmaster
All that information was very helpful
Now ill be able to fish it right
Thnks
Michael
welcome there Guest. Pleas feel free to register on the site. We are all friend here and appreciate good info from good people. Registration is fast and free of charge. I have even provided a link for your convenience.
[signature]
Hey guest, everyone knows that we post what the readers want to read. Please feel free to register. It is fast, free and we don't have to call you Guest after that. There is a link at the bottom of this post and feel free to drop by the California board too if you would like.
[signature]
Hey guest, I encourage you to become a member and register on this site. Just click on tubeN2's link.
[signature]