Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon Fishing Update
Oregon Fishing Update<br><br><br>December 21st - December 27th, 2001<br><br>Fisheries update: Still lots of water and foul weather are keeping many anglers Christmas shopping! The Sandy and Clackamas Rivers both have fish in them with the Sandy a bit more of a feasible river to fish due to its high altitude watershed. Best bets for anglers plunking will be downstream of Oxbow Park. <br><br>On the Clackamas, the best chance for steelhead anglers will be Carver downstream. Steelhead counts at Willamette Falls are up dramatically. The North Santiam remains high, but is producing steelhead. On the north coast, most rivers are still too high to fish but should come in by the weekend. Smaller streams like the Necanicum, North Fork of the Nehalem and the Kilchis will fish by Friday and the larger rivers like the Wilson and Nestucca will likely fish by Sunday barring any huge amounts of rain. Chinook fishing on the Wilson, Kilchis and even the Trask are still possibilities through the end of the month. <br><br>No one is trying for sturgeon or crab in the estuaries but the next minus tide series isn't until the end of the month. Watch for navigational hazards on the smaller streams. The south coast is still a good possibility for chinook on the Elk or Sixes Rivers. Both plugs and bait will work. Deschutes anglers are catching steelhead and redsides now. Steelhead broodstock have been planted in Cape Meares and Town Lakes. <br><br>Paid Subscriber Paul J. Writes, "My deepest thanks to TGF and your great reports; they kept me motivated and informed. I would have done it without you, cause I'm stubborn that way, but you guys really made it easier and more fun. I just renewed for two years, so keep up the good work ...." <br><br>Paid Subscriber Steve B. writes, "Great report as always ... Keep the great info coming our way, it really helps!" <br><br>Subscribe and see what everyone is talking about.<br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com/<br><br>Get more Oregon fishing information at<br>http://www.theguidesforecast.com