Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ship Channel Snook
[center]Common Snook[/center] [center]30 inches[/center] [center]Long Island ship channel swing bridge[/center] [center]Port Isabel, Texas[/center] [center]9/21/03 11:00 pm.[/center] [center]This is a common snook. Not to be Confused with a fat snook.The fat snook rarely get over 20 inches in length.[/center] [center]The Texas state record common snook is 57 lb 4 oz.It was caught down here at South Padre Island Texas in 1937.[/center] [center]The World Record (53lb 10 oz ) common snook was caught in Cost Rica in 1978, It was smaller than the Texas state record.[/center] [center]Go Figure[/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=734;][/center] [center][/center]
[signature]
Nice catch! Thanks for the detailed info. Might be nice to know what bait you used so other anglers can give it a try. Again thanks.
[signature]
OK, We was using live shrimp, rigged on about a #2 straight hook.Sometimes I would use a split shot and sometimes not. Just depended on how fast the current was moving.
[signature]
you certanly are leaving folks behind in your wake on the 16 species contest. keep up the good work. and save a fishy for me .lol. [sly]
[signature]
As you well know all that can turn around in one good fishing trip.If someone came up with say a big tarpon, gar,muskie or pike it would add on a lot.I don't think I am about to deplete the fish population.I am not catching near as many as I think I should.
[signature]