Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Logan, over used?
Okay I love fishing.
why is it everytime I go to lake logan I cannot catch a fish?
Sometimes I get lucky, but is it really that this lake is so overused?
I would really like to think it is just that im not a good fisherman, because I could work on that, but this is the closest place for me to fish, so I would hope its not that it is over used.

Anyone here go to lake logan? or atleast have some tips for me?
(no I dont use a boat, but I can get basically all around the lake)
[signature]
I cant answer for the lake, but here is a few tips for you.

[ol][li]no body catches fish every time they go out.[/li][li]fish dont bite every day, feeding times and weather conditions contribute greatly to this affect, so venture around the site here there are guys who will be happy to help you in understanding this area.[/li][li]if the area around the lake has any natural areas at all, the surounding bugs in the area are your best bet for catching what ever is in the water, the old phrase "Match The Hatch" comes to play here. aka crickets, grass hoppers, bees, horse flies, ect... waders and fly rod work great in cool weather conditions if there is wadable water.[/li][li]no body knows it all, so on them off days, it pays to experiment. even if you cant get the fish to hit, if they pay attention and follow you know you are doing pretty close to what you need to be doing to get the job done.[/li][li]fish do wise up to your tactics especialy on smaller lakes where it gets lots of use. this is where your experimentation helps best. change up your presentation, faster, slower, color, a new lure that the lake hasnt seen ect...[/li][li]fish can see you standing there on the shore line, sit back from a still line or wear colors that match the area you are fishing in.. Yes I do meen blend in to the suroundings, if its grassy, wear all green, if it is wooded then brown or forest camo, [/li][li]it helps to belong to and participate with an on line fishing comunity where anglers help each other. might I suggest this one. [:p][/li][/ol]
[signature]
Even though this is an older post I thought I would reply.

Lake Logan has it's days just like any lake but overall it is a good lake. My friends fish tournaments there and catch really nice bass 7 pounds plus. The crappie bite is good there as the bluegills and cat also.

My favorite place to fish for big bluegill is Logan in the fall across the lake from the docks and concession stand. If you want to see some nice bass hang around the docks about noon on Saturdays.

Logan went almost completely dry due to a leak in the dam but it didn't seem to hurt the fishing.

Hope that helps.
[signature]