Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sage VXP
i am about to get a new sage vxp and have loved casting my brothers a few times he let me! what are your opinions on this rod??
[signature]
Awesome rod it was modeled after the older XP rod which was hands down one of the best rod out there ( IMHO). But that being said anything at the price point is going to be a great fly rod.

Also you may want to look into the Z-axis With the new One rod out there starting to discount the pricing on the Z-axis Ive seen the z-axis and online at Cabelas for around the same price as the VXP.
[signature]
Which VXP are you going to buy? I have a 9'6" 5 wt. that I use mostly for tooning and am VERY satisfied with it. Have used it a lot on some small lakes over in Colorado up on the grand mesa, and over here by Vernal up on Diamond Mountain. From medium buggers down to small nymphs and a variety of dry flies. Handles everything, including moderate wind conditions very well... Good luck with your choice!
[signature]
Sinergy you have alway seem to really know your stuff. Actually I believe I bought a pair of waders from you a little ago. But since you have experience with the VXP, do you believe $250 for a 9 Ft. 5 Wt. Brand new VXP is a good deal?
[signature]
BRAND NEW !!! 250.00.... Id say that's a great deal even used ones aren't even selling that cheaply. Does the seller have any more ?

How the waders working for ya ?
[signature]
He doesn't. Just a family friend who doesn't fly fish and won the rod! I for sure won't let this one past me then!

But those waders work great! I really like them so far! I'm going to the green and will be needing them for that late October trip
[signature]