Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sage VXP- Fire on the River
I got a new Sage VXP 8'6" 4 Wt last night so i had to head up to my favorite spot to fish and give it a try. Let me say, this was the best day i have ever had on any river in my life and that new rod is EPIC! I defintely would reccomend it to anyone, it has such great feels and i can get super precise with it whenever i need to!

Anyways, i got to the river around 9:45 AM or 10 AM and hit up one of my favorite holes with my brother and 2 friends, it was pretty good i got on 2 fish in the first 15 minutes or so and landed a double hookup which was pretty cool! I fished up down stream first and i ended up with 5 fish in like 2 hours. 1 Brown, 1 Rainbow, 1 Cutt, and 2 Whiteys. We took a quick break after that and decided to head out again.

After we fished awhile i got into a good amount of fish, probably 3-5 more on some holes as we trekked up river! They were killin any fly with red on it seemed! Red Zebra Midges or Blood Midges were doing best trailed behind a Flashback PT.

I got to a certain hole and started trade off fish with my good buddy Jake, some good sized whiteys and i caught a decent brown out of the hole. Then all the sudden i hooked some fish and new it was a big boy, it just moved slowly in the bottom of the hole and was in no rush, it decided to burn it down stream and i had to go with him running as i knew it was a monster, i ran a good 200 yards on the bank as the fish had tons of my line out and was on a sprint to get away. Finally i got down and landed him.

So crazy, the next cast in the exact same hole i had the same situation with another big boy but this time i i didnt have to run and get him down the river. I landed another big guy. And even more crazy, my third cast in a row i hooked another hog, probably the heaviest of them all and it was a big brown i thought for sure, but nope the biggest whitefish i had ever seen! It was about 22" and i think is very close if not bigger than the state record!

What a day What a day What a day!!
[signature]
Nice Dude!!! Holy S**t!!!
[signature]
Nice hogs, hey do you need any new friends? I am a nice guy.
[signature]
The thinner rod and faster action in a four weight must feel awesome. I still say confidence is a huge percentage to fly fishing, and I think you just proved that.
Beautiful waters, fish and rod.
[signature]
Nice Catch !!!

I see the waders are working out for ya [Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Shoot, other a writeup like that, Sage should endorse you!
Those are beauty browns. AND, I have NEVER seen a whitefish that freaking big.
Awesome dude!
[signature]