Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fg 11/04
Hey All,
Fished really hard friday. Tried jigging as long as the big double u allowed. Few pups from the humps in the bay. Worked the shoreline from the boat and the bank. A lot of planter bows and some nicer bows working the shallows in the pre-spawn. Was not able (er, uh, willing) to brave the sideways snow Saturday morning to give it hell again.
Attatched are few pics with a shoreline surprise....
[signature]
Those are some great colors on the bows, and nice smallies are always a great surprise.
[signature]
Purdy rainbow and smallie.Smallie looks nice size! What was the water temp?
[signature]
40.9 in the main body. Water nice and clear. The bows were really healthy (the lone smallie was, too). We kept a few bows and pups (I didn't want to post dead fish pics- hence the head shot). One of the bows was full of crawdad. The water was a little warmer closer to shore. Standard big tubes for the macs, everything else was marabou jigs!
[signature]
My front graph is 10 degrees cooler. H2o was 50 to 52 degrees. Sorry joshomaru.
[signature]
I suppose I can forgive you, seeing is how you took me fishing and taught me everything I know about the gorge.
I love ya brother man!
[signature]
I haven't made it to the gorge this year. Its always on my mind Would like to get up there but so much getting in the way.

I really like those fresh caught pups on the grill with some hickory chips for a little smoke. Really great eats!
[signature]