Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
400! Lukinani before the cold spell
[inline "biggest out of 400 that day.jpg"]We never noticed Lukinani in Big Cypress till one day I saw one,then little by little we began catching some,finally one day it got out of control,3 of us 2 flyfishing and me on spinning caught 400,I even caught 3 at a time with a three hook sabiki rig I made just for that day,I fished a rapalla mostly,my best was a 2,1/2 pounder.Worts part was after our last cold spell couple of years ago,they all died,,we want to start bringing some in pairs so they can once again be part of Big Cypress Reserve,just around the bend on 8th street,we will begin restocking in the beggining of the year,please help if you can,you can just put any at the landing,thanks.Here is the biggest from that day,usually just juveniles but once every trip we catch one or two nice ones,even got a couple of 5lbers,Also,here are some Lukinani from the Hammocks lake,and golf course.largest weighed was 6lb,[Image: surprised.gif]Who else could give a thumbs up with the same hand holding the fish,Franky is a very experienced fisherman especially when it comes to catching Lukinani,he got over 200 hundred that day along with Alfred,they were competing for numbers,I tell you that was a tough day to keep count of your fish.[Image: happy.gif]They were neck in neck the whole way,Alfred remembers the exact numbers,I forget .I'll post back when the peacock are back so you can plan a trip
Here are more peacockbass for you to enjoy thanks,[#4040ff]Paulpro mod,[/#4040ff][#000000]don't forget your flyrod![/#000000]
[signature]
Nice report and pics Paul, sounds like a killer day fishing. Are all the bass peacock bass in that area or were some of those pics from other areas?
[signature]
Thanks, only the inline pic,rest were mostly at the lake,and a couple from near by lakes.I have more from canals,and even night fishing,see if you can find any Lukinani pics caught at night,I believe I'm the only person to show such a collection of night time peacockbass fishing,"post comming soon".That fishing at big cypress was incredible,its to bad they all died from the last severe cold we had,we plan to restock to get them back in there,they got in there on their little by little,we want to give them a jump start at the beggining of the year by bringing some,I do enjoy fishing there without them,good large mouth bass fishing,Were else can you catch both bass and peacock bass[Image: bobwink.gif]P.S.Here is one of my proudest moments,with nearly a world record! this is the closest I've come to a world record ,record weight is 2lb,I remember mine was just that,my biggest Yellowfin Mojarra till this day.They are just as illusive as the mighty bone fish ,I have only caught one of each.[inline 099.JPG]
Normally you find these deep fried served whole,mmm mmm,fish of a lifetime.
[signature]