Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I gotta pee."
Just thinking - if Mother Nature calls while I'm out ice fishing (or doing anything outside) and I begin to write my name in the snow while relieving myself, I could be arrested for a class C misdemeanor. "...urinating in a public place other than a public restroom, ...to cause affront or alarm to another." Utah Law 76-9-702
SOOOO... it depends on those around you and/or the arresting officer as to how broadly the law is interpreted and how severe the punishment is.

An FYI for the BFT folk.
[signature]
This makes me laugh only because we've actually had this discussion on the board There are some BFTers who feel they can relieve themselves right into the water there fishing.

Thank you for posting the law I knew I wasn't wrong on this one.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=636218#"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/...rum.cgi?post=636218#[/url]
[signature]
Sure. Bad part is that it may be taken even further, i.e. indecent exposure, lewdness, lewdness in front of a minor, perhaps even getting included on the sex offender list. Think before you tinkle.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]They gotta catch you first![/#800000][/font]

[Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
+1 We should make stickers "Think before you Tink"

Whether it's on the ice, or off a boat - same story, same cautions.
But I concur with your caution - with the way Utah Lawman can work the system! You could well get slammed on the sex-offender list! Just don't let 'em catch you with drug paraphernalia too, and if there's a church or school nearby (like where ISN'T there?!?!).... don't get me started!

1) That's what a tent is good for. Just flush your yellow hole before you pull up your next yellow perch.
(technically you are not allows to PEE in a lake)
2) Bring a porta pottie - can be as simple as a plastic bottle. I use a Gatorade bottle on the boat (big mouth).
3) Hike to shore and hide behind a tree

Now if you get into the "brown trout" discussion - that's another can of worms. But it's not that hard. Pack a plastic shopping bag (or several) some TP. If you got a tent, got a bucket - inst-o pottie. You can actually get a potty lid to fit a bucket (check camp stores).
Easy enough to chill-freeze your output for easy packing out. PLEASE PACK IT OUT!

Anyone caught stuffing garbage down an ice hole should receive the same fate - if you ask me!
Dirty diapers! Cmon folks!

[center]Watch out where the Husky's Go
Just don't eat that Yellow Snow
[/center]
[inline PumpkinPoo.JPG]
I am an animal, and just like every other creature on earth, I will nurture the soil with my leftovers.

If you poop on the ground, it will decompose and turn that dirt into something more nutritious for the plants.

If I poop in a grocery bag, and tie up the top and trash it, that poop and bag will end up floating with the Great Pacific Garbage Mass.
[inline fabien_0.jpg]

I think I'll stick to nature's plan.
[signature]
This is the exact reason I got my concealed weapons permit. This way if I get caught packin heat, it's legal.[cool]
[signature]
Not this again!!!!!
[signature]
Because we don't have junk...[cool][cool]
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]I hate to say this but I know someone that was cited for this. Never pee your name in the snow, no matter how many beers and jagermeister you’ve had on the ice. Pee in as small of a spot as you can and kick a little snow on top to cover your trail. Beer is nothing more than purified water anyway. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Dropping a deuce, NEVER, but a little whiz especially in the privacy of my own tent does happen, sorry! Last Christmas my brother gave me a toilet seat that snaps right to the top of a 6 gallon bucket for the wife. All you need is a couple of tall kitchen sacks and you have a honey bucket on the ice. Cheers.[/font]
[signature]
“Never wrestle with the pig. You both get filthy, but the pig enjoys it"
[signature]
Urinating in public is the key element here...... absent the public being around and in a place likely to cause affront or alarm, there is no violation of this law.

But..... if you are in a watershed on USFS or BLM land, or some place where another law exists, then you still may get tagged for whizzin'. Then the public being around may be a mute point. If the latter is the case, then the law violated should reflect that, and not the urinating in pulic one....

I got chewed out for being in a group that had a little lap dog with us on a hike up to doughnut falls once. Didn't get a ticket, but was threatened to.

I wonder what the deer and elk do in a watershed area when they gotta whiz?
[signature]
Yeah Mr Wiz, but nurturing the soil, and 'nurturing the water' are different beasts. There are some waters where they even insist on ya wearing waders, and not "touching the water" with "them parts". Flygoddess has pointed that out on some posts - watersheds.

I'm talking your average fishing lake. Pee and Poo are different deamons. Generally not so concerned for pee, plus 'it happens' - poo - I tend to take care of outside an ice adventure (my boy - not so lucky! Long hike to shore - he done did it- good thing they keep the outhouses open in winter. Likes playing on shore anyway).

But yeah - don't think an Elk is gonna get cited for relieving himself on ice, or bank, shore - whatever. Gonna tell a trout he can't drop a brown - didn't think so!

I know it's not so easy for the ladies (it's a man's world after all! - - - DUCK!!!) but there are 'gadgets' to help with that.

I figure - something as simple as "drop to your knees behind your tent - face away from 'crowds' and it's all good". Ok - so don't write your name either. Write someone ELSE'S! THEN call attention to it!
And stay away from your fish-pile seriously!

You'd be amazed at how much GREENER my lawn is come spring in "those spots" where the deer have blessed our soil during winter!
Them's the spot that make early spring moving a bitch!
Well, seeing you mentioned my name....I have a few answers:

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/sep/2632

I use the little red one with the female adaptor. The main one in this ad however is quite interesting.

I don't ice fish (as of yet) so not worried about having to relieve myself ON the water, but I have managed with the little red one on my Pontoon believe it or not. And it has a lid for safe transporting back to shore...LOL

There are sections of the Green that require you bring a porta potty, so I do have one of those as well.

As far as Dogs/domestic animals, being a dog owner myself, I always pack baggies, and to be honest, I don't understand why others don't. Specially in areas where other people frequent, even the Uinta's or other primitive camp sites. If it can be stepped in, I will do it[crazy]
Pets are not the same as wild animals, we CAN clean up after them and should.

Interesting topic Guys...LOL
[signature]
CoyoteSpinner wrote:[/quote]

2) Bring a porta pottie - can be as simple as a plastic bottle. I use a Gatorade bottle on the boat (big mouth).

[/quote]

I need to use a mayonnaise jar.
[signature]
Good topic. Everyone should be as discrete and as clean as possible. It doesn't take much to dedicate a bottle or can to use and take it out with you to be disposed of. If you don't like yellow snow, no one else does either.

And as an additional option for those other ladies out there who may need a discrete answer to the going in the woods issue.... [blush]

This is the commercial version of a device that I have used for about 15 years now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002AA2...VB6J8Q9ATL

Mine was made from the side of a Finesse Shampoo bottle. If you make one, be sure and sand and smooth all edges carefully! [laugh][laugh][shocked]
[signature]
Thanks for the info on the girl products. I never worry about myself personally, but the ladies in my life always have a hell of a time out there. I do have a urinal like those used in the hospital for out on the boat and a female adapter for it that works okay. I'm wondering if maybe these pStyles will be an improvement for out on the ice? Maybe I'll just start packing the porta-potty like others have suggested, but I already pack a ton of shizzz.
[signature]
Haha you just made me think of horrible bosses

" Guy 1 - Aren't you on the child offender list thing,
Guy 2 - Sex offenders list yes I'm on the sex offenders list
Guy 3 - Oh ya you showed your junk to some kids huh?
Guy 2 - I pee'd in a park at night! there were no kids around! you don't put a park near a bar thats entrappment!"

Sorry for some reason that seemed helpful for the conversation ... somehow
[signature]
Ok - as I'm per-using Ebay looking for Ice-schtuff - WTH - do I find, but . . . a [url "http://www.ebay.com/itm/Disposable-Outhouse-Toilet-Ice-Fishing-Camping-Hunting-Boating-Tailgaiting-/260853555526?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbc156146"]porta pootie[/url]! Even had a [url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wGseTh5Tag"]YOUTTUBE[/url] demo~[inline DispoPotty.jpg]. Biodegradable bags (pack the sh&$t out anyway!) Good for boyz and girlz. And 10 bux a poo - ok, so it's reusable.

Sez it'll hold 275 - though being of carboard - that may not account for snow-sleet-rain. I 'discovered' that with my carboard box ice-rod holders. Great until it's slushing n ya!

But for an "emgency" or a break for a lady - could be the difference between calling it a day, and fishing ON!
Check out the the luggable loo, or even snap on seats for 5 gallon buckets same principal.
[signature]