Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how deep
how deep are the crappie biting at?
[signature]
If your water temp is cold I imagine they are deep 30-50' maybe.
[signature]
Well seeing as how the lake im fishing isnt deeper than 15 ft, im guessing your telling me there going to be all the way at the dead bottom?
Well not knowing where you are and not knowing the size or depth of the body of water I took a wild guess comparing it to where I live. Thermalcline may be the deciding factor but what do I know. Maybe they will be on the bottom but I seriously doubt it as thats not where they hang out. So guess you'll just have to go find them. I hope you do cause they are one of the best eating fish in my opinion.
[signature]
yes they are indeed tasty, i catch some from time to time but they are not usually my primary target but this is bound to change.thanks for the insight anyway.
[signature]
Ive panfished most of my life, its finding them. Ive had good luck scanning the shallows for
the distinct round beds in the gravel and sand. Alot of times they hang around structures,
seawalls, boat launches, stumps,downed trees,etc.

The best tech. ive used has been a regular cork, split shot sinkers, and a small hook.
hang your hook anywhere from 1 1/2-4ft deep depending on spots, with a split shot sinker
about 2 inches above hook. best bait for this is small pieces of bread smashed around
your hook.They dont hold up too well, but if your in a panfish spot you wont have bait
long anyway.Small pieces of earthworm and hotdogs work good too.

Can also try jigging, and small skirted spinners for panfish too. But if your in the rite hole
the technique above will slaughter.