Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 ramp lagoon trip
Just before dawn, we launched at Biolab and headed south. We had a pretty good breeze coming from the SE, which we used to stop a long way away and drift into where big reds are known to gather and feed. It didn't take long to spot some big tails sticking up down wind of us, making my first cast easy. I put a small crab right in front of them and they swam right over it...and ignored it.

We tried to follow them, but they pulled a disappearing act. We waited for over an hour and a half, but they didn't show again so we headed back to the ramp, loaded the boat on the trailer and pointed the truck for Riverbreeze.

After re-launching at RB, we shot thru Slippery Creek and fished an area near El Dora. We caught several small reds apiece and a small trout on shrimp under Cajun Thunder floats. We moved over to the Gov. Cut area with thoughts of getting some oysters a low tide, but the NE wind has blown a lot of water back into the lagoon and the levels are high again. We fished a little bay that Capt. Leo showed me a few months ago and we started catching a bunch of small reds and trout. I even got a small (11-3/4" ) flounder, earning me a small Slam of trout, redfish, and flounder!

We lost count on how many reds we caught but it was around a dozen reds, four trout and one flounder.

Even though we couldn't find the big'uns, we had a great day on the water!

And remember:
"Make the next cast like it will produce a trophy of a lifetime!"
[signature]