Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12/16 Mosquito Lagoon
I met some new friends at the RB ramp this morning at 6:30 am. I got a few more dozen shrimp from the Live Bait Boat and we shot across Slippery to El Dora.

On the second cast, Linda had a small trout! After three pinfish we moved to the next set of dock piling, then to the next set dock piling, hoping for something other than big pinfish.

We couldn't get our baits past the baitstealers so we headed to Raggedy Gap. We got quite a few small reds, trout and ladyfish before heading to the CNS for a bathroom break.

We tried to spot some reds along the bank west of the boat ramp, but the cloud cover made that impossible, so we set up near a bay that looked fishy where we stopped and anchored. As soon as I mentioned that we'd move in 5 minutes, Charlie's drag started singing! Finally, a decent size redfish. When it wore itself out and I got the boca-grip in it's mouth, it weighed 5 pounds and measured 23"!

Next stop was by Orange Island and was the only spot we saw a fish and didn't catch a fish. It was an ideal location but no one told the fish. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Last stop was the east end of Slippery where we caught more small reds and a big stingray that Linda landed.

[url "http://www.isaa.cc/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=12338"][Image: post-206-0-53535500-1324079117_thumb.jpg][/url]
[signature]