Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WEAKFISH WORLD RECORD
The weakfish had been declining slowly for a few years when myself and Bill T.went fishing with Bill R. on his boat. Fishing the Delaware Bay, we drifted by 'B' bouy. <br>Bill T. was on my left on an outgoing tide.The weather was beautiful with a full sun and a cool breeze.<br>Suddenly Bill got a hit and we knew by the bend in his rod it was big.The fish had hit on a bucktail with squid and this fish was not letting go of it's meal.<br>After a long fight Bill landed the Weaky and one look told us this one was special. Bill R. spread the word on his marine radio and by the time we got back to Misspillion inlet there was a crowd waiting.<br>Not to be dissapointed the weaky weighed in at 19lb.6oz.,a new world record. It now resides on bills wall<br>officially recognized by the IGFA.<br>Although I wasn't the one lucky enough to catch this beauty I was lucky enough to be there and share in the thrill. <br>Besides,I am still trying to catch big brother...you never know.<br><br>by geordel : Thursday 21 September, 2000 <br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com