Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a fishing buddy
Unfortunately, it seems all of my friends who used to go with me, including my little brother, are usually too busy to go.

Unfortunately, my wife worries too much about my safety all by my lonesome on the shore fishing.

My compromise with her was to do my best find a buddy who wanted to go fishing. My current job gives me plenty of time off, so I'm pretty flexible. I don't own a truck or a boat, but I do own my own car and tackle.

I'm willing to chip in for gas as long as it's reasonable. (Remember that job I told you about? Yeah, it pays about what you'd expect it to as well.)

Currently I usually fish for bass and catfish, but I'll haul in anything I can land. I generally practice catch and release. The only stuff I keep is definitely legal, and then it is usually pretty big anyway. They don't go to waste either, so I never keep more than I can use either.

Last but not least, I'm in Wake County, NC.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Good luck, and great fishing!

EDIT: Sorry for the long hiatus. I've since had to move to Person County to live with the in-laws since I still can't find any kind of productive work.
[signature]
I don't live near you but I have a suggestion for you. Go to this website and apply for free and it has to do with NC waters only. But will have other areas also. [url "http://www.ncangler.com/"][/url][url "http://www.ncangler.com"]www.ncangler.com[/url] , if they ask for a referred you to them my name is Dennis Running Bear on that site. They are also on Facebook and they have clubs that are free to join. They talk about from Mountains to the Ocean and all between, also bank fishing and canoe & kayak and bigger boats. Hope to see your sign up!
[signature]
I am also without one, buddy Just got a DUI so I need someone soon!
[signature]
I'd off ER but I live nowhere near North Carolina, sorry. I am in the same boat as you are however my wife does let me go out on my own from time to time.[Smile]
[signature]
I know this post is a little old so hopefully you will still check it, but I'm around Orange County so anytime you want to get together and fish, I'd definitely go in with you and fish.
[signature]
Hey guys! Thank you for the replies.

Unfortunately for me it seems the drama with my now ex-employer is only beginning and since I have been completely unable to find work that will pay the bills we've had to move in with the in-laws in Person County temporarily. I've edited the post above to reflect this turn of events too.

On top of that my car has finally hit the nickle & dime phase of its life. So now any fishing buddy really will have to be local.
[signature]