Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Willow
Got my do's done in time for some local "Tug Therapy" this after noon.[Smile] Arrived around 1430 or so. Two other anglers there, 1 spin and 1 fly fisherman. There was a mild south breeze,so I started on the south side that has always treated me well. Tied on a 14 BH Hares Ear and cast out. Just barely begin stripping when the indicator went down. raised the rod tip and hooked my first fish. Oh how I love the tugging. He was fairly small but enjoyable none the less. Hooked him right in the roof of the mouth.
Kissd him, took his picture and let him go. No skunk today. Made a few more casts then the wind shifted to out of the North. Couldn't cast out far enough to reach them , so I moved to the North side of the pond. No luck there and the temperature was dropping
fast. My old tired body was saying burr. Fished all the way around the pond till I got back to where I started. Took bout an hour or so. No hits at all. Gave up on the haresear and tied on a olive #10 bugger. Second cast and the indicator sank again. Did my part and hooked this one in roof of the mouth again. Ouch that's gotta hurt. [crazy] This one was a little better fish. That was it for the day, and I was very appreciative of both of them. After another 1/2 hour or so I gave it up for the day. Sure was fun.
Drove by the pond in Herriman and there is open water there also.
The east end still has ice, but the rest is pretty open. Never stopped just looked.
Have fun folks and be safe.
[signature]