Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Rockport Report 1/28/12
Hit the Rock about 8:45am at the pullout between the two rest rooms past the pullout at the dam area.

after a deer trail decent onto the ice trekked toward area south of boat ramp, to about the middle of the lake. water was approx 50 foot deep. with smooth bottom with few rocks no vegetation to be seen. no fish seen either on bottom at least.

had 5 fish on 4 never made it to the hole, one got half way out and thought it was too cold and spit the hook at me and sunk back to the depths.

at that time, the ice was 9 to 12 inches at that area of the lake.

good luck on feb 4!!!
[signature]
Hit rockport this morning. Edges good. Ice good and solid. Didn't hear of people catching many fish. I caught 9, buddy caught 4. Fished in 50', caught trout 5'-15' below the surface. Generally slow but better than those we spoke with. All fish were small planters.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, I guess none of those fish had tags? By the way, how many hours did you fish?
[signature]
Tags? Oh that's what the silver thing was on the fins of the fish we put back! (Just kidding, no tags). Fished from 8:30-2:00. Best bite was around 10ish. Met a guy as I was leaving who said yesterday the bite started in the early afternoon (when I was leaving).

Good luck!
[signature]