Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geneva Bubble up?
Where exactly is the bubbleup on utah lake in relation to Palm Beach?
[signature]
Where is palm beach?
[signature]
Its that little sandy beach area with two pavilions south of the lindon marina
[signature]
This post might help you.

www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=722692

Do you use Google Earth Maps?? Use the "historic"
function to see some low water years. In those sat pictures you can see the pipe and the disturbance the "bubbleup" makes.
[signature]
Sorry, hit the post button before I was done. Here is a picture to help orient you. I assume that the beach you refer to is the one that is just south of the cooling ponds.

[inline bubbleup.jpg]
[signature]
Oh alright perfect, yeah thats sandy beach. I have a fish finder and everything so i assume it should be relatively easy to find the actual pipe on sonar, i just wasnt sure where to look. Are there bass in the cooling ponds? I saw some fish the other day in there but they didnt look like carp.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It is safe to assume that any species that is in Utah Lake is also in the ponds. Over the years it has been "stocked" by numerous bucket bozos.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Is it even legal to fish the cooling ponds? I always wondered, just never really considered it until i saw some decent sized fish in there. I know there are plenty of frogs in there. If you walk out there during the summer you hear plenty of them jumping out of the weeds and into the ponds
[signature]
Would it be safe to eat anything out of the old cooling ponds????

I know that springs run through there, but how much heavy metals were left behind? Did they dredge anything out? Is the Geneva stuff buried deep enough by now?

Anyone have any info?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If there are no trespassing or no fishing signs then you stay away. Last I checked neither were present.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As far as the DWR proclamation is concerned, those ponds are not covered under specific regulations. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the olden days you probably wouldn't want to even touch a fish out of those ponds...much less consume one. Not sure what toxic goodies remain in the sediments to contaminate the fish, but the water comes from natural springs these days and it should be relatively clean.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
My brother in law was a chemical engineer at Geneva Steel and told me not to eat anything out of those ponds. He said Geneva certainly didn't dump anything into Utah Lake that the FDA would not approve of, but he said they dumped lots of stuff into Utah Lake that the FDA didn't have any specific rules about. Just a thought. I've eaten plenty of fish out of Utah Lake and I haven't started glowing. Check out the movie, Modern Problems with Chevy Chase for an idea.
[signature]