Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TFO Rods
Anyone have problems with their Lefty Kregh Series for durability?

I have had my 5wt break not once but twice in a two month period. Both times was mid day fishing and snapped in the middle of the 2nd section on the forward cast. Both tossing drys, not over lined or anything. I like the feel of them but so far with shipping and the fee of $25 to replace the broken section I am up around the $230 mark for the rod. May have been further ahead to spend the $230 on a st croix in the begining.
[signature]
Yes I have. Three times same spot.
[signature]
Good to hear at least one other person, and one with a good reputation at that, has had issues. Next time it goes I guess it will be the death of that rod and be time to move on.
[signature]
My feelings too, but then, I will probably pay to fix it again....so commited[laugh] I will say, out of 50 some rods, I only own one and probably never buy another.
[signature]
I just bought a 6 wt lefty kreigh signature series rod last year. I have had not issues so far.....

What is your experience with warranty repair? I have not registered mine...wondering if mine breaks, do I need to supply reciept?

Match

sucks they break...will have spare rod with me every time though..

Match
[signature]
I register all my rods soon after purchaseing them. The TFO I just take back to Sportsmans (if they still carry them) and they send it back for me, but I could do it myself I guess.
[signature]
I haven't registered mine, I just ship it to the listed address with a $25 check and a shipping addy and its been back on my door within 4 business days of them getting it. This time they sent me a whole new rod. I always have a few others with me since I have multi cases. I personally won't go without a back up anywhere. Stupid to put Tue effort to get some place and have it cut short because of a rod/reel issue and have other rods/deels sitting back at home.
[signature]
I have the same rod but it was the line guides that were breaking. Finally gave up and picked up a different brand.
[signature]