Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake Is Hot
I went up there this past weekend and the fishing was hot for splake. I caught more splake than perch. I fished in about 17 feet of water. I used a rat finke tipped with perch meat. The ice was a foot thick in the middle, but the edges are starting to get soft. I did fish deeper also and could see mac's on the fish finder, but only had one bite in about 10 hours of fishing. I slept in my car, but the fishing was worth it.
[signature]
Sonds like a great trip. Thanks for posting. Was there open water on the edges late in the day?
[signature]
Welcome aboard! Thanks for the post was wanting to git fish lake this weekend think you just help make up my mind! Congratulations on the great catching
[signature]
see any big lakers being caught?
[signature]
At Joe's Bush there is not, but over by the cabin's there is open water. The edges are getting soft. The ice is nice and thick out in the middle.
[signature]
Do it, It will be worth the trip.
[signature]
No, I didn't see any caught. I only saw one other fisherman on the ice and they were slammin' splake by me. I saw a bunch of lakers on the fish finder, but couldn't find anything they wanted. I wish the sportsman's in St George sold chubs or sucker meat.
[signature]