Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cerritos Park Lake Catfish

Hey guys,

I've been fishin' Cerritos Park Lake (on Bloomfield and Del Amo) and they had a catfish plant late this week. They were still pulling them out tonight! I've flyfished the pond for the last few days for dinks while guys are pulling out 1,2 and 3 pound catfish!!! Oh Mannnnnnnnnnn!

El Do was stocked too!

JapanRon
[signature]
you were there??? i was a kid riding a black bike around the lake just talking to people.. maybe you saw me???

joe
[signature]

Hey DH_tubinjoe,

I usually hit the lake about 5pm and fish till dark and the last few days I've been fishing right near front parking lot where the two fountians are close together.

JapanRon
[signature]
maybe i'll cruise down by the lake with my BFT shirt on. look for me!

joe
[signature]
Hello JR,

Thanks for the heads up, I may hit that!

P.S. I talked to a buddy today that said Laguna Lake's Bass bite was on fire! I think I might give that a go on Thursday.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hi there theangler,

There is a really cool feature on the California DFG website where you can not only see what lakes have been planted with trout and catfish in our sector (LA county and city lakes) but they will automatically send you a reminder that a new planting schedule has been posted if you request it!!! Normally they post a new weeks schedule on Mondays. They have a telephone service but the net is easier.

See... they do some things right! ha ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[size 2]Do you need a fishing license for those lakes? I know alot of the water management ones you don't.[/size]

[size 2] Just curious. Pretty much all my poles are rigged for saltwater. I would need to get some lighter line[unsure][/size]
[signature]

Hi there fishfather,

Yes, as a rule of thumb, you need a license for all the lakes. But there must be an exception somewhere!! ha ha I suspect that if the DFG stocks someplace you can almost bet you need a license.

At Cerritos or El Do you can find me easily. I'm the only idiot on the lake, 10 to 100 guys fishing, that wears the license in a holder around his neck and visable to all.

Even doing that, one game warden made me walk up the rocks on a jetty so he could hold my license because he said there were a lot of conterfiets around!!!! Give me a break (preferrable a leg) who did that half-wit think he was talking to? The insult is I had to comply or risk a ticket!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool] Hey JR, I have a couple small lakes close by me where I am also the only one with the license around the neck. Not only that I am the only one with only one pole in the water. I do not have the second rod stamp but I also do not have 4 or 5 rods in the water at the same time like most of the othere dudes out there.

Can you imagine how much gear the DFG would collect off of those guys??? No license, no ID, 4 or 5 poles in the water at the same time plus they usually have 2 or 3 hand lines going.
[signature]