Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaver Ponds Rule! (except when they don't...)
Last Thursday the beaver ponds did rule. I managed to catch a total of 7 brookies from 2 ponds. The first three were your typical 8 inch brookies but they were still fun. The last fish out of this first pond was different... 12 inches. All of these were caught on top of the water with a good ol' Adams.

[inline brookie1.jpg]

In the uppermost pond, I tried the Adams again with no takers. This pond has been incredibly tricky in the past. I couldn't figure out what the fish wanted. Typically, after snagging and ruining the spot, I would walk up on the dam to look at the fish. These brookies look like monsters.
Well, after the Adams I put on a big bead head Prince. As I stripped it through the pond, I was sure I hit a submerged log... until it fought back... finally caught one! I wound up catching 3 fish that way, the largest being 13 inches. It was a fat fish too! I can't wait to go back. I think those 12 and 13 inch brookies weren't the biggest fish in that pond. [Wink]
[signature]
Sweet! love beaver pond brookies,just sooooo hard to fish!
[signature]
Sounds like some fun all in all.

Makes me think of how the ponds on a golf course gnaw at me. Wish I had an "in" with a groundskeeper (or the 'nads to trespass as night! Man, if I was only a careless teenager again!)

Nice post. Thanks for sharing.
I walked into Murray Parkway golf course the other day and flat out asked the pro if I could fly fish their ponds for carp. He told me that I could come back a little before dusk and follow the last golfers out and fish 'till dark. Doesn't give me much time, but I was surprised how easy it was to get permission. There are a few ponds on Mick Rieley that are way out of the way and you could fish those all day with out really any worry of getting hit by a ball or yelled at by anyone.
[signature]
nice brookie man XD stocked for summer adventure for brooks XD
[signature]