Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
burns my biscuts !!
ya' know what really burns my biscuts ? know matter it is what you buy , getting the right replacement part for something .

wether it's a knob for the kitchen cupboard , or a part for the car , ya' gotta search high and low for the "right part " , in some cases the thing you need the most you saw at a flea market a year ago with a .25cent sticker on it . heck you think you got it made when you got the bad part off , got the make and model number scribbled on a piece of paper along with the serial number , just in case along with the lifetime warenty . with a Smile on your face you shove the part on the counter along with all the necessary information . this will be a breese you think, that is untill you hear the words , "they don't make those parts anymore"

anymore ? hey i bought this thing brand new last year and i got a lifetime warrenty !

sorry bud , the warrenty and the company died two days ago .

you just gotta wonder what thoes auto manufacters are diong , auto parts salesman: so need a starter , what year , what month ? ohhh , you got your choise of a hundred and nintey seven of them , that is unless it was made after thursday of that week , then there might be a couple more to check out . is your car out in the parking lot so we can take a look at it ?

sure , it's parked right next to my lear jet ! how am i gonna start it with a busted starter !

and how about brake pads ? we won't even go there fellas , will we .

appliance parts person : what model washing machine did you say that button come from ? hhhmmmm , oh here it is 1.45 . wait a minute , that manufacturer went out of business . not the washer manufacturer , the button manufacturer , the replacement controll unit will cost you $287.98 plus tax and a service call . ya wanna buy a warrenty with that ?

aaaaaggggggghhhhhhh !
[signature]
I hate burned bisquits
[signature]
tee hee hee , me too ! i'm working on my honey-do list . the hard things are no problem , but thoes little fix-its are getting to me ! lol !
[signature]
I end up keeping way too much stuff around, and when I finally throw them away I get screwed. Can't park the car in the garage anymore.
[signature]
I know this feeling all to well I bought a 76 amc pacer that I have been restoring. and every part that I get for it when I finally do find somewhere tgat has it. I order the part and when I get it it is the wrong part. very frustrating. by the way you know anyone that would want ot buy an amc pacer. hahahaha.
[signature]
oh you gotta love those restoration progects . i've done a few myself .

gremlins , civics , cuda's , chargers , the worst one was the old la mans hatchback , they never made replacement radiators , gettiing one recored wasen't cheap either , there half plastic .

your pacer , alum. block ?
[signature]
no it isn't. why do you ask? I haven't had to do very much with the engine just an upper en drebuil I didn't even pull it out of the car. most the stuff I have done has been electrical.
[signature]
I'VE SEEN A COUPLE WITH ALUM . BLOCKS A REAL COLLECTORS ITEM .
[signature]