Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The longest yard
Too bad the faders couldn't get that all important last yard last night. At least they made a game of it. The Cheifs are palying on thin ice. They didn't play all that great and are on the vurge of stumbling.
[signature]
Yeah it happens. Us Raider fans get used to it, you know, just like you donkey fans have become used to losing superbowls.
[signature]
Not accustomed to losing them anymore. Been awhile since our last Superbowl loss. If I remember correctly, the Raiders forgot to show up to their last Superbowl. I beleive that was just lasy year. Can you say "From first to worst"!!!!
[signature]
Talk about forgetting to show up?

XXII 31-Jan-1988 Washington 42 Denver 10
[signature]
Oh Wait, This is the definition of "from first to worst"

XXIV 28-Jan-1990 San Francisco 55 Denver 10
[signature]
[cool] Hey Mr T, that one was back when my Niners still had a good team. I cannot say same for the past couple of years.[pirate][pirate][pirate]
[signature]
You are just bitter because the young man showed everyone what a terrible QB Gannon really is. Could he be in the same boat as the Broncos backup(Buerline). Too old Too slow.
[signature]
No, Tui showed everyone that Gannon is having a bad year. Just like Mr. Ed used to have and Plummer will have continiously through out his Denver career.
[signature]
[cool] The Niners don't have a quarterback to speak of this year. They haven't had one since Montana and Young left the scene. I still have time to find a team to retire with. And I still have a ways to go before retirement.

Thanks for the insight.[Tongue]
[signature]
TubeN2 - what are you talking about. Jeff Garcia is a great quarterback. He may not be as great as Joe Montana or Steve Young, but he doesn't have the same talent around him either or the consistancy in coaching they had either.

I've seen some great come backs by Garcia. He may look like Howdy Doody, and be kind of a geek, but he is by far better than a lot of quarter backs in the league.
[signature]
Go ahead and pile on, I wouldn't expect anything less. No Raider fans here are saying we're great and going to the playoffs. We know we missed our shot last year.

Gannon is old, but their is no denying he had as great a 4 year ride in Oakland as any other quarterback in that same time. Kurt Warner is probably the only guy who did better, and where is he now. Donovan McNabb, didn't do any better, Jeff Garcia, Steve Mc Nair, Brett Favre, Brian Griese, Jay Fiedler, Tom Brady, no one.

He was old coming in, and the thing that made him great was his ability to scramble and make plays happen. Now he is old and can't move around anymore. That is old news....

But if you think the Raiders are on the way out, you're dreaming.

We have been slowly rebuilding ffor the last 3 years. We will be back in it in a couple of years. Tuiasosopo looks like he can get it done, he'll get better. We have the best up and coming receiver in football Jerry Porter, and he has the attitude to go with it. We have 2 great young tight ends in Doug Jollye and Teyo Johnson, we have a mamoth OT in Langston Walker.

On Defense we have Tyler Brayton at DE and Rodderick Coleman who led the league in sacks for a DT last year, Philip Buchanon is making a lot of mistakes, but you can see the potential in him. Charles Woodson still has at least 7 more years left in him. Derrick Gibson is as mean a hitter as any safety in the league. Just ask Ed McCaffrey. Napolean Harris and Eric Barton are fast explosive Line Backers and Delawrence Grant is another great DE.

Not to mention we have the best punter in the league in Shane Lechtler.
And when Jano finally figures it out we'll see the first 65 yard field goal.

Get us a better D Coordinator and we'll have a forse to be reckoned with.
Not this year, probably not next year, but better, but 2005 SB champions!

Mark My Words!

Now I gotta go get my food stamps, drink my afternoon away, and beat my dog.
[signature]
The only part of the game last night that I saw was the last 30 seconds. Man, that was unbelievable! It was a good play, the pass was just throw a bit too short. Isn't it interesting to note that the Chiefs keep winning just barely? They might have a better record, but Denver's losses have been extremely close, and the chiefs wins have been the same. The only thing that differentiates them is that one team is on its way down (KC) and one is on its way up (Obviously Denver). I give the Raiders credit for showing KC's weaknesses, but unfortunately they have too many of their own.
[signature]
Yeah, I was kind of impressed with the way Oakland held "the top offense" to 17 points. and 7 of them were a gimme off the fumble. It would of been nice to see what the could of done with Tui playing the whole game.

With a bye week, I know Gannon will heal, but at 2-5 you gotta see what they kids can do.

And after playing the Chiefs, it really made realize how much I hate them too.
[signature]