Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FRAMELESS PONTOON mods
This is my 2013 Assault.

[Image: IMG_4398.jpg]

The FRAMELESS pontoons do pose a problem on where to mount things due to the oars.
I added Scotty glue ons which allow me to use Scotty fly rod holders, Scotty Anchor, or the Scotty Camera mount.
[Image: IMG_4401.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4408.jpg]

I got the NFO Apron and added a little more velcro so it wraps around the toons

[Image: IMG_4403.jpg]

I used Dog clips on the motor mount for quick connections

[Image: IMG_4405.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4406.jpg]

I used a 3" Nylon strap with quick clip for the Transducer

[Image: IMG_4399.jpg]

Use a Wing Nut so easy to raise and lower then tighten

[Image: IMG_4411.jpg]

I mounted a Ram ball mount to a piece of plywood which is the length of my side bag plus velcro on the bottom to hold it in place

[Image: IMG_4413.jpg]

Then I use a 4" Ram Mount to the ball mount on the Sonar screen.
[Image: IMG_4412.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4402.jpg]

I topped it all off with the Ultra Light Oars:

[Image: IMG_4404.jpg]

And the Omega Flip Fins

[Image: IMG_4400.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Lookin' good. A lot of engineering and a lot of work.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Do you have to velcro Baxter or do you just let him find his own place?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
This is the Baxterless model, unless I go without motor. Haven't tried him up front, yet. Try him on the XX first.
[signature]
Great photos and a sweet ride. Lots of clever and clean ideas on how to improve my Assault. I like the idea of using a dog clip to speed up rigging the motor and the setting up a stripping basket. Let's take 'em out on the water soon.
[signature]
Nice setup & grate engeering. As i am new to inflatable pontoon's i bought a NFO Renagade, I am looking for ways to customize it.
I just bought a pair of the NFO Light speed ores,but havent had a chance to try them yet,we have had crumy weather.
[signature]
The lite speed oars are awesome! So light and the flex will sling shot you. Because you can't really add the strap on rod holders, the glue on are great and to make that even easier, I tried the LOCTITE glue for PVC and it works great!
[signature]
Thank's for the reply,I am trying to get my toon pimped out.I made the switch from kayak's to toon's.I also bought my wife a Renagade,with the trolling motor mount.
[signature]
You do have to license them with a motor in most states, but so worth it to me. Also many have got to a nylon strap with either Carabiners pr dog clips on the end instead of the foot bar. Some even put a piece of PVC on the strap to make it more rigid.

[Image: IMG_3597.jpg]

[Image: renegadebar2.jpg]
[signature]
Yes i had to register it,it was a pain, but it is done.I put the number's on lexan and ziptied to d ring's.
Thank's for any info or idea's.

Marty in Virginia
[signature]