Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scadden Assault XX Seat Upgrade
Some weeks ago I came up with idea to give my wife a more comfortable seat on the Assault XX. Took it up to Strawberry in April for a trial run, and wouldn't you know I forgot both seats! Finally got to take it out this week up to Trial Lake at 9,800 feet in Utah's Unita's mountains. Fished trial lake from 7 to 4, and the wife gave the new seat "two thumbs up."

The wife said it was very comfortable the entire day; more stable and secure than the soft seat; and she liked sitting up higher for spotting fish. She also loved the swivel function that made it easier to bring trout to the net. When fully inflated, the Assault floor is solid, and with counter-securing cam straps, it didn't move an inch the entire day. Note the extra storage space under the seat. Room for a dry bag and cooler.

I've also shifted to the Scotty fishfinder strap. Works great on the Assault. Thought it might not securely hold the large display of the Humminbird 596, but its very solid. Easy to install and remove.

Obviously not for everyone, and probably wouldn't use it on the Green River, but for still water fishing, my wife deems it a big improvement.

[inline "Trial Lake 1.jpg"]
[signature]
Now that my friend is a sweet set-up. Very cool. Now one of the aprons in the middle you you would be able to pack even more.
I would love to hit the Uintas or LD.
[signature]