Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite pacific salmon
Out of complete curiosity what is your favorite pacific salmon to catch, not to eat to catch?
[signature]
I have more posts about these species on the Alaska board.
[signature]
Salmon fish is one of the my most favorite fish. I want to eat salmon & trout is my favorite fish to like in dinner.
[signature]
Salmon is also my most favorite fish but anyone can tell me about the deep sea fishing in dubai?
[signature]
My favorite pacific salmon to catch is King salmon. My friends told me if you caught to eat fish in a deep sea that is so tasty ? Am not professional fisherman just going to enjoy deep sea fishing in dubai ? anyone suggest me some thing about [fishon] ?
[signature]
I want to plan a fishing after dubai desert safari tour ? Some one tell me about this or any suggestion about this ?
[signature]
There are so many beautiful points in your thread i want to know some thing about dubai desert safari? Is there any safe place for traveling.
[signature]
Most would agree the Chinook (king) salmon is the most fun to catch. I would also say it is for eating as well since it is so versatile in cooking. WIth Chinook you can grill, fry and bake. The absolute favorite for eating is the white meat Chinook. You can't tell if it is white meat or not when you catch it, but a fresh white meat Chinook on the grill is to die for when cooked properly! The reason Chinook are more versatile is that they have a more oily meat. Sockeye and Coho don't bake near as well because of this, though they are good on the grill provided you make sure they aren't over cooked.

Hope this helps!

Sam Vandervalk
Salmon Fishing Guide Vancouver Island
www.salmoneye.net
[signature]
Pound for pound I'll take coho. But given the choice of a 15 lb coho or a 40 lb king size wins out. But catching dozens of coho in an afternoon is common not something many will ever do king salmon fishing. White Kings may win out taste wise but not all kings have a higher oil content than all sockeye. Long run sockeye such as Copper River and all it's tribs will beat out most king runs in oil and taste.
[signature]
I Fish Michigan for Salmon. Between chinook and Coho, I like to eat coho. For total flavor I like Pinks for canning - Atlantics are fun...But the Chinooks are the bruisers - My largest so far is a 40.25# Fall run fish.
[signature]
My biggest salmon is a king, I'll say the king salmon
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator