Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone trip
Hey Folks,
My Grandson Taylor and I went on a guided fishing trip, on June 26th this year. Our guide was Bob Jacklin.
On the day of the trip the wind was howling. A 30 to 40 mph howl. Jacklin said he had never seen wind that bad in all the time he has been there.
First River was the Gibbon. The wind was keeping the fish from rising, as well as messing up the hatch. Tayler did manage a good Brown on a Rusty Spinner.
That was it for the Gibbon. Picture # 113. The wind was really awful. Because of the wind, I decided to give all the opportunities to Tayler, as this trip was all about teachin him.
Next was the Madison. It was howling there to. No rise, no hatch, not much fun. But Tayler did manage a small Brown on a Yellow Sally. Pic#136
On the way home we fished Henry's Fork for a little while. As the birds were everywhere we thought a Green Drake hatch was happening, but there were no takers.
Good trip all in all. Got to spend quality time with Tayler, meet Bob Jacklin, and watch that beautiful casting of Tayler's.
[signature]
Glad to hear you made Lemonade from lemons, but Bob should have re scheduled I would think. Those trips aren't cheap.
Welcome home, however[Smile]
[signature]
Well Yellowstone is pretty anyway right? I have been there like 10 times and have fished the area 3 times. All skunks. Although I had no fly knowledge the area was so beautiful that just the experience of wading out there trying with the bision crossing the river, etc. was an experience and experiences I will never forget. Now that must mean a lot coming from a guy like me as I am a "numbers dude" as others have said. I wish I knew all I did now. Man I bet my spinner collection would trick a few fish. Maybe my flies too! Ha I can dream on that one.

Did your knees do ok out there? Glad to see you made it.

So lets get out soon pa!
[signature]
TDT Dont jingle your keys to bison. Maybe jingle bell will be in that area one day. Great story >_<
[signature]
Some fish is better then none at least. I have been to yellow stone lake once before few years ago and the only fish i caught was a 25+ lake trout in the shallow. Oh that fish put up a nice fight that day.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]TDT Dont jingle your keys to bison. Maybe jingle bell will be in that area one day. Great story >_<[/quote]

LOL!!! Yep I give them space for sure. I have seen bears, moose, bision, eagles, etc out there and let me tell you something.....stay alert!

I have fished a ton of the rivers and even yellowstone lake. No fish for me.[frown] Although that was back when I was lucky to get 3 fish in a year!
[signature]