Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore fishing Jenny Lake; What are my odds?
Hi:

My wife and I will be visiting the beautiful state of WY next week for a couple of days. We have a day hike scheduled for Grand Teton's and are looking at the Jenny Lake trail. What are my odds of catching anything if I choose to pack an ultralight spinning rod and some small spinners and cast from shore along the way? We're talking middle of the day in July. I presume Jenny Lake is popular and gets a fair amount of pressure, so these fish aren't stupid right?

Is it worth the $14 one day license (actually $28 when you include my better half) and slight pain to pack the rods on a flight?

Thanks and we look forward to the trip either way!

Ray from Minnesota
[signature]
I have discovered your thread today and I love it!! You make very beautiful things and suggest me about dhow cruise dubai ?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Oops - just came across your thread so I guess any advise would be late forth coming. Been to that area several times and the fishing has always been great. Wading just about any where on the Snake River outside of Moran has always produced enough fish to make a grown man/women giddy. So how did you do?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
We did decide to fish along the trail, but alas, angling success was not to be ours that day. Probably for good reason, we didn't get going until late in the morn and it was a cloudless warm July day. Not a good time to fish anywhere. Still had a great time on the trail and a great trip overall!
[signature]