Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10/25 LBSF City of Seal Beach
Fish with Capt. Ed on the 3/4day City of Seal Beach with ten other brave lost in the Fog/Smoke & ash souls. First stop after picking up a bait tank of big sardines, was off of Whites Point for the Calicos 1-3# and Barries 29" all on flylined live bait no jig fish today. They off we went to the horseshoe to work for some rockfish, Whitefish and lingcod. Highlite of the day was all the ashes in the water and sky and when the Sun shone on it made the water look like it was on fire...COOL... You had to have been there.[crazy]
[signature]
oh man...i know exactly what you are talking about! it was awesome!

but the fishing on the MONTE CARLO was pretty decent. we had a steady pick on the calico and sand bass in the morning. also had 30 some-odd barracuda.

in the afternoon all hell broke loose!!! well.... not quite.
we had 2 yellows, 70 barracuda, 30 calico bass 20 sandies, 1 bonito, and 7 treefish! most of the barracuda WERE JIG FISH!!!

we saw you guys quite a few times on the water.
maybe even see you tomorrow!
good luck![Wink] hehe

joe
[signature]
We weren't affected by that at all today. we put 4 yellows on teh boat 1 @ 7lbs, 1 @ 24, 1 @ 25, and 1 @30!!![cool] The 24lbr was caught on 12lbs on a bill dance bass rod made by Quantum and a Diawa CVX 300! That kid has skills. Not only that but his dad caught the 30lbr and he also caught the 25lbr!![pirate] Ended up with 150 bonito, 120 sand bass, 50 calicos, 35 sculpin, 5 white fish, and some other odd stuff.

Aaron
[signature]

Hey there FTRDeckhand,

Thanks for the report on yesterday. Also thanks to you joe and you aaron. I thought I'd kinda stick everyone together. ha ha

It's really wierd, how landing counts don't always reflect how fishing was on individual boats. And ....some times the 1/2 days kill the 3/4 day boats (too runs or not!)

Sounds like everyone had a good day. I'll bet water temperature is still up there 66 degrees or more. Did ya have an uphill or downhill swell? The swell hurt us last Wednesday fishing off the San Vincete Lightout/Point but we still were able to scratch out a decent count.

Awesome colors always abound where the ocean is concerned.

JapanRon
[signature]