Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dierkes Lake
I just got my hands on a float tube and I wanted to take it out to dierkes in the next few days and try it out. I'm too poor to afford a fish finder as of yet so I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight as to the underwater anatomy of dierkes. Is there any structure? I've heard it's pretty deep, what are the deepest points and where do the fish like to hang out? All I've done is shore fished it in the small bays on the west side of the lake so any info would be helpful. Thanks!
[signature]
I have only fished it a few times. I didn't have sonar with me so I don't know depths etc.

Basically I caught mostly bass and bluegill on the north and west side of the lake. Especially off of the rock points on the north side. The south side and the bay east of the swim area ... I caught mostly trout. Also mostly trout in the middle when cruising across to the north side.

Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
Well I went out this morning. First time fishing from a tube and first time trying topwater lures for bass. That's really a blast. They were biting left and right for the first few hours. My only topwater lure is a popper that I bought years ago and never used and it's hooks are all rusty or I might have caught more but it was still a lot of fun. Fished from 6-10am and the bass bite was great at dierkes! I actually pulled in 10 - all were too small to keep but 2 13 inchers and I let those go too.
[signature]