Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Logan river
Has anyone been to the upper Logan? How are the flows? I'm headed to bear lake for the week and want to get some fishing in. I'm hoping it's not to low? Thanks in advance for your help!!
[signature]
Been fishing up there the past 3 weeks and it has produced some amazing dry fly action. Pretty much any stretch where you can find some deeper holding water the fishing is great. Elk hair caddis have been the top producers and hoppers have been working as well. Haven't even bothered with nymphs. The whole canyon is doing well but its really good anywhere above temple fork. Flows are a little low but it makes finding fish easier, they're tryin hard to stay out of the heat. good luck
[signature]
Yes to above Temple Fork, below that I found it to be pushy and hard to wade.
There were bugs though.
Up on Bever Creek was good to me too.
[signature]
THANKS YUNGUN/TROLL. WE TRIED A DRY DROPPER RIG DIDNT WORK TO WELL. I WAS USING A ROYAL-WOLF AND A HARES EAR. DECIDED TO TRY A BLACK CADDIS, YOU BOTH ARE RIGHT THEY KILLED IT. ALOT OF FUN. THANKS FOR BOTH OF YOUR HELP
[signature]
Awww. Ya'll are making me nostalgic. That was my old stomping grounds. Moved to Salt Lake 4 years ago and haven't made it back since. Maybe that will just have to be my labor day...
[signature]