Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Wildfires
[size 2]How are you affected? Family, Traffic, Hunting or Fishing area(s). Let's hear the input.[/size]

[size 2][/size]

[size 2]My grandfather lives in Big Bear Lake next to Resort. He had to evacuated today. Unknown if he will be able to return [unsure][/size]

[size 2]Sucks.[/size]
[signature]

Hey there releaseit,

A hearty welcome to BTF and to the California board! I see you are now a full-fledged worm. Congratulations! ha ha you will soon start climbing up the various fish species as your posts increase.

It's truly heartbreaking to see those who have lost every thing they own and especially to see people whose families have lived in certain areas for generations. The intangible things are somehow lost too.

In earlier and happier days I would think..... Hummm an uncle in Big Bear eh! Ask him if he has heard that his long lost nephew JapanRon would like to come and visit!

On a serious note: Thinking of all those displaced!

JapanRon
[signature]
[Sad] One of my fishig spots got a clamp on it for awhile. They were passing water planes by Castaic and scaring all the fish away. ( I hope all is well with your Uncle)
[signature]
[size 2]Appreciate it. He is actually down now and staying in Fallbrook. It sort of reminds me of 9/11 in the fact that it seems like everyone knows a friend of a friend or a family member, etc who is being affected.[/size]

[size 2]Very scary. My in-laws live in Fallbrook which is still a good ways from San Deigo fire but they may be threatened in a couple days if they do not get it under control.[/size]

[size 2]I saw alot of pics of helicopters and planes doing water pick-ups. Always amazes me to see those " Super Scoopers " come down fill up on water and take off with out stopping.[/size]

[size 2]I hope they get it under control. Enough is enough[unsure][/size]

[#ff0000][size 3]UPDATE:11/3/03[/size][/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][size 3] Arrowhead area residents and upper Big Bear Lake are being allowed back. My Grandfather in-law house was uneffected. Snow and Rain saved his house and like 1,000 others in the area including the Bear Mountain Resort. He was lucky[unimpressed][/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]

Hey there releaseit,

Sorry about the mixup. I said congrats on becoming a worm but you're a Shiner. Sorry about that! No off-the-wall offense meant. I musta seen one of your posts when the 'bait', not worm, image was displayed below your handle.

Sorry to hear of your relatives plight!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello Releaseit,[size 1]

Welcome to the boards.

Besides the very minor ash rain and a heavy heart for all the families closely effected by this tragedy we have not been effected here in H.B.. All the best to your uncle and anyone else or their families effected by this tragedy. Our prayers will be with you.[/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator