Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound off Texas Anglers!
I have been off line for a while now with some major medical problems. It will take me some time to catch up on everyones new posts. But rest asured I will be checking on them all real soon. So if you are new to the site or just want to say hi to your Texas Moderator Speek up and post a message right here. I am looking forward to getting to know the new members that have joined over the last few months while I was gone. Hope to hear from you all soon.
[signature]
welcome back.

glad to here you are recovering.

dont forget to take some time to go fishing... and say howdy to windy for me....
[signature]
WELCOME BACK DWIGHT!!! WE MISSED YA! GLAD TO HEAR YOUR FEELING BETTER!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey! I'm a misplaced Texan living in Utah where the fishing is great and the Board is HOT!

I enjoy checking out former stomping grounds and used to live in both San Antonio & El Paso.

This Texas board is a good place to check out lakes like Canyon Lake and the Guadalupe River. But the board doesn't hold a candle to the Utah board yet, keep it going and I'll check in from time to time to see where the HOT spots are.
[signature]
Will you be returning to Texas? or is it a permanent transplant?
Nice to hear from some one from San Antonio. I will be trying to attend my High School Reunion next year in San Antonio. Just got notice about it from a former classmate.
Hay where is your favorite place to use your angling skills in the great Lone Star State of Texas?
Have you had the oppertunity to work the coastal waters?
I love that Salt Water for the fact that there is almost always something biteing somewhere.
[signature]
It was a permanent transplant, I've been long gone from Texas for 28 years, but feel at home every time I come back for a visit.

I attended Holmes High and had two brother who graduated from there.

Favorite fishing areas were Canyon Lake & Guadalupe River and favotite Salty places to fish were Mustang Island, I loved catching the crabs off the piers and Port Lavaca, where I used to fish as a kid, while my dad was traveling he'd drop my brother and I off at a pier and we'd fish all day.
[signature]
I was from Robert E. Lee. and only I grduated from there. My siblings all finished High School in California.
Wow! 28 Years is a good bit of time. I do not live there now but go to Mustang every chance I get. I stay on the north end of the island at Port Aransas. I still have a cottage down there. I have seen so many changes over the years it is like a differant adventure every time I get down there.
If you have not been to Port Lavaca for a while it has also changed allot over the years.
We will have to try to meet up on Mustang some time just to remember the old days and enjoy a day on the water.
I also love the piers on Mustang as I never leave one with out atleast meeting another angler that loves to chat and enjoy the fishing on the coast.
[signature]
Don't know when my next trip will down to Texas, I've been trying annually to my brothers down there for the anual shootout between the Jazz and the Spurs, Have made it down for two of the last three years but no fishing has been planned on those short weekend excursions, just a few brews (Shiner's only) and BBQ with the family boys.

This year its their turn to head to Utah for the game and to throw down a few brew of some of the local Micro Breweries around town. Maybe some "Ice fishing" thrown in for grins.

Keep the brews cold and BBQ hot!
[signature]