Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bivisible,Tore it up
This weekend I did 12 miles of hiking in the Uintas,The Brooktrout are in Full spawn color and hungry,The Bivisible in16,14 was my Best pattern. For the 2nd time ever I caught a Golden 13 to 14 inch,OMG it was gorgeous! Found him deep in the untraveled woods.
Please no comments about it probably being a Cutt,I know what Cutts look like and I know what Goldens Look like. Some 20stupid DWR kid tried to make that point,I about dumped him off his horse,seems he read in a book that Attwood and Echo are the only places with Golden, I know better. Echo is the other place I caught one.
[signature]
12 miles...you are so my hero[Wink] Right on James, I would love to see that fish. If anyone can do it, it would be you.
No parasol fly?[Wink]
[signature]
Nice job man. I hope the rain didnt torment your or the hail XD. Ya next year I trully gota go hike far and wide out where not a lot of people fish at [cool]
[signature]
Sometimes the oldtime tried and true patterns are untouchable in fish catching ability!! Rain tormented us saturday but it came in after catching plenty of nice Brooks at Amathest.
[signature]
Cool. According to my friend that works for the Kamas fish and game there were some 20-30 lakes planted with Goldens back in the 1920-30's so yes there are Goldens out there. 13" or 14" would have been the state catch and release record. Did you get a pic?
[signature]
No pic. no camera with,I packed in too much weight as it was. Really,I had no idea what the record was,I just assumed it was a lot bigger than that, as it is in Wyoming. I also have a couple friends that are retired DWR officers that explained that some lakes had been planted and not reported, where, back in the day. Kind of their own secret spots. This fish had the most awsome "yellow cab" yellow I have ever seen with a crimson gill plate.
[signature]
Sounds like a great weekend. And not too bad for an old man. I assume you're old like me- I'll be 50 in 18 months. I know of 4 waters in Utah with them besides Atwood and Echo so I'm not surprised you found another place with them,
[signature]
I'd never heard of a Bivisable before, had to look it up... I love those simple but effective patterns! We are headed up that way in a couple weeks and I would like to tie some. Could you tell me what body color was best - brown, grizzly, rust?
[signature]
Brown/white is my favorite. I'm working on the big 50 this year!!
[signature]