Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHIN' TILL DARK
As the oldest of 2 boys, I was allowed to go fishing with my brother in the Florida marshlands of the then undeveloped area around Sanford, Florida. I was 6 and my brother was 5, we had always been told to be home before it got dark.<br>One day, close to dusk, we were headed back home after a hard afternoon of fishing. I thought I saw a bear behind us, and convinced my brother it was after us. We ran the whole way home (probably only a 1/4 mile) without stopping once. In fact, I lost one shoe in a muddy spot and didn't even slow down. We got home ok, and told my mom what had happened. She didn't think we had really seen a bear, but we were sure!<br>The next day we went to look for my shoe (at Mom's insistance). We found my shoe and saw the bear again!<br>But this time the bear was only a big tree stump. My brother and I decided we wouldn't tell Mom about finding the bear - but we laugh about it even today.<br><br>by rclark6080 : Wednesday 20 September, 2000 <br><br><br>Submit your Fishing Adventure Stories to win great prizes at ReMemory.Com