Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aquamarine Inflatable Boats
About a year ago, I purchased an inflatable boat from Aquamarine out of Canada. This is not my first inflatable boat. I previously owned a quicksilver and was very satisfied with it. The aquamarine inflatable has Halkey-Roberts valves for filling with air. I have had nothing but trouble with these valves. When trying to inflate, especially during cooler temperatures, as much air escapes out of the valve as is going in. Consequence, the boat never completely fills with air on cool mornings. I understand the pressure drops in cooler temperatures, but this prohibits any early morning fishing or boating, using one of these Aquamarine inflatables. I am posting this to let everyone know of the problems with this boat. I have been in contact with both Aquamarine (who has not bothered to respond back) and Halkey-Roberts, who could not give any answer as to why the valves allow air to escape. Be forewarned about these boats. They are not of the quality of the better inflatables.
[signature]
I noticed that when I try and fill my Sea Eagle in the morning - or let it sit at on the shore over night - that it is deflated because of the drop in temperature. I also have had the inflatable drop in pressure just from putting the boat down in the water and the drop in temperature from the water makes the pontoons get all squishy and the wife and kids HATE that!@

This is why I got a Transporter boat! No inflating. Just pull it out and put it together! And you have storage under all the seats. No more stepping on gear and poles to try and get around the boat!

http://youtu.be/iw-6dKU3Pkc
[signature]
Guys, I have been selling Sea Eagle Boats for about 5 years and sell 80 to 100 a year and have never heard of the problem your describing. I'm not sure I under stand exactly what your saying. I have had a couple cases of the valves not seating properly on occassion, and that usually can be corrected simply by unseating the valve and reseating it. I have had the same issue with Caddis tubes and Saturn boats.
As for air loss when tempatures cool, that can't be helped. I'm not sure what model Sea Eagle your talking about? Is it a high pressure, 3.2lb boat? If it is a high pressure make sure you inflate it to the 3lb or 3.2lb pressure and your problem may be solved. I have had some inflated for several weeks with tempature variations of about 25 degrees and they get a little soft but not that bad.
[signature]