Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got back from Hams Fork
Me and my bro made a trip out to the Hams Fork. First time out there, sure is a fun little river. Little disappointed to find the browns had already spawned, abandoned redds at most the tailouts. First hour or so was pretty tough finding a consistent pattern but once we did the fishing was great. A size 20 purple wd40 was doing great for me and my brother was doin pretty good on a hares ear. Best of the day was a 19inch rainbow. Also picked up a nice brown.
[inline 20121020_162701.jpg]

[inline IMG795.jpg]
My brother and his chunky rainbow
[inline 20121020_181145.jpg]
Beauty is easy to find, even somewhere as desolate as Kemmerer, Wyoming.
[inline 20121020_181123.jpg]
We got off the water as it was getting dark and called it a night. Went back out in the morning to try a different section and ran into some access issues but managed to land a real nice bow on a streamer. Fought like a freight train, its been far too long since i caught a wild bow of that size. Turned out to be 20 inches and fat.
[inline IMG799.jpg]
Ran out of river to fish here so we moved on. Headed down to a public access and the river was crap compared to where we were the night before. Didnt see a single fish in a half mile stretch so we moved again. Found a short stretch before it turned private again and we both hooked into BIG fish. Ripped a streamer across a nice run and it stopped dead, set the hook and he came tearing to the top and showed me his side. Looked to be 20-23 inch brown. And then he was off...thats how it goes more often than not. We called it a day and headed home. It was amazing to get out and take a break from school, explore, and fish some unfamiliar water with good results. Its what keeps me going!
[signature]
Dang that looks like a really fun river to hit. Keep up the great work [cool]
[signature]
Nice job, some nice fish in that river. Looks like it maybe starting to turn around.
[signature]
Hopefully, the stretches that were good are fairly short. it would be nice if something were done lower down. It was disturbing the amount of cattle that have access to the river. It was a mossy worthless mess down low. If the whole thing was like the upper portion it would be an amazing river.
[signature]
is the pay to park/play place still available up closer to the lake?
[signature]
Great stuff man! I really need to get out of UT once and awhile for some fishing adventures.
[signature]
Ya but the stretch there was really short. We read that fishing the private land there was allowed but we got to the fence crossing and it said written permission only so that was a big let down.
[signature]
nice fish yungun, cant beat nice trout on the fly rod!!
[signature]
Man...love the Hams Fork! It was our staple through highschool with my buddies...some BIG browns in there to say the least! WTG!

-Rich
[signature]