Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charter Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is in full swingwith boats ranging from 14’ up to 250’ yachts bringing people from all over theworld to view the new boat and marine products. [/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Joe Florea from Aruba Construction in Pompano Beach, FL, an old friend andcustomer who has fished with me in the Bahamas,and Rick Muller, a professional angler from Miami,chartered the Happy Day Today to do some deep sea sport fishing Fort Lauderdale FL. We had blue skies, winds out of the east at5-7 mph, 1-2 ft. seas – just a typical, beautiful day here in Fort Lauderdale FLto do some fishing. Our target was MahiMahi and Groupers. Twenty minutes afterleaving the dock at Bahia Mar, we were fishingin 120 ft. of water, 1.8 miles from shore. We started off by trolling with one plainer down with a blue and whitesea witch and a double hook Mullet strip. For surface baits we had two Ballyhoos, two Bonito strips and one ¼yellow and green jap feather, and a Ballyhoo daisy chain for a teaser. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I headed to the east in search of any type of debrisfloating, such as boards, tree branches, and sargassum weed, and birdsworking. The tell tale signs ofsargassum weeds is to look for a slick – the sargassum weeds will secret oilswhich will give you a sheen on the water. A mile off shore we ran across large patches of sargassum weeds – ourfirst pass produced a 12 lb. Mahi Mahi. From there we kept working one weed patch after the other and wound upwith 6 Mahi Mahi’s. We decided to dosome Grouper fishing on one of 34 artificial wrecks in Ft. Lauderdalethat sits in 380 ft. of water. On theway to this wreck, some birds were working the area. I approached the birds and worked the areaand caught 4 Black Fin Tunas. Once wegot to the wreck, I put down one live Blue Runner for bait. After 10 minutes of waiting, nobody washome. From there I tried anotherartificial wreck, south of Fort Lauderdale, in 345 ft. of water. Luck was on our side at this wreck; we wouldup catching two Snowy Groupers. Fromthere we went back to trolling and would up with 3 Kingfish and 3 Bonitos.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It was time to head back to the dock at BahiaMar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.[/size][/font]
[signature]

[signature]