Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing poll for the week of Nov 2-8/03 Quick and easy format.
This is a very simple poll to answer. Please be as honest as you can just like all fisherman are.( yea right) ha ha. Please answer as accurate as possible.

How many fishing poles do you own???

1. Ocean/Saltwater

2. Fresh water( not fly or ice fishing)

3. Fly Rods

4. Ice fishing(3' or shorter)

5. other(explain)

please answer with the following format:

1 #

2 #

3 #

4 #

5 # and brief explanation.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]Great poll, I am a fish addict, I fish more that most people do and I fish from small to large.

1. 25 but only 15 have reels on them

2. 125 but only 40 have reels on them

3. 7 but only 4 have reels on them

4. 0 Don’t have ice my way [Sad]

5. 0 [unsure][/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink]1. WHAT ARE YOU DOING FISHING IN SALT ? LOL

2. 32 ROD AND REEL SET UPS

3. 2 FLYRODS

4. 23 ROD AND REEL SETUPS

5. 1 PADDLEFISH ROD (ITS A STIFF ROD THAT YOU SNAG PADDLEFISH WITH ON THE MISSOURI RIVER IN NORTH DAKOTA ! )

[signature]
I guess I am still a beginner.

1. 8 w/reels

2. 27 all w/ reels

3. 5 missing 1 reel.

4. 2 w/reels

5. 1 bamboo pole w/ string attached.
[signature]
Man and i thought that i had more then i could use. lol [Tongue]

1. 0
2. 3
3. 0 (but one soon)
4. 1
5. 0
[signature]
1: 0
2: 10
3: 1
4: 2
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hi tubeN2,[/size]

[size 1]Can I count drop lines too?[/size] [ol] [li][size 1]3[/size][/li] [li][size 1]5[/size][/li] [li][size 1]1[/size][/li] [li][size 1]0[/size][/li] [li][size 1]0[/size][/li][/ol]

[size 1] [/size]
[signature]
I believe that in CA that only 1 drop line is legal per fisherman and you must maintain at least 100' distance from the drop line. How many do you have??[Tongue]
[signature]
1. 1

2. 4

3. 1 (just lost one!)

4. 1

5. 0

Every things real old kust loke me!

[crazy]Leaky

Hey there tubeN2,

Glad to contribute. By the Numbers.

1# 10 now (in Japan 2500)

2# 7 now (in Japan 500)

3# 5 now (in Japan 4)

4# None (in Japan none)

5# I have four rods I made myself from the blank up! I'm beginning to think of a rods desirablity more for the blank's action than anything else.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]What are you doing? Taking inventory for when I kick off? See the attached pic of most of my play sticks. I will estimate on the numbers. There are probably ten more blanks in my "to do" box...to be finished when I get "A Round Tuit".

By the way, you did not separate spinning and baitcasting in the freshwater classification. Any particular reason?

!. 3 - 4 Saltwater I used to have several more "BS" (Before Sons).

2. 35 - 40 freshwater...about 80% spinning...from ultralight to med. heavy.

3. Five fly rods...after sending a prized 6 wt. to an errant grandson in Utah.

4. Never use short rods...even for ice fishing.

5. 8-10 "Dipsticks" and "Bubble-chuckers"...specialty rods designed for dipping lures around cover or casting water-filled bubbles long distances on light line. (See attached pic)
[signature]
Hey JR, that is incredible. Is someone babysitting all of those extra rods in Japan??? Or are they at least getting some use out of them?? That sound like a good collection. My own collection is still growning as my son sees something new that he likes. He has learned well so far. He picks up a rod now and gives it the instore hand shake whip and decides if he wants it for bass, cats, trout or panfish.
[signature]
[size 1]How many fishing poles do you own???

1. Ocean/Saltwater - [#ff0000]0[/#ff0000]
2. Fresh water( not fly or ice fishing) - [#ff0000]4 [/#ff0000]

3. Fly Rods - [#ff0000]3 [/#ff0000]

4. Ice fishing(3' or shorter) - [#ff0000]1[/#ff0000]

5. other(explain) - [#ff0000]0[/#ff0000]

[/size]
[signature]
Wow I have a long way to go.

#1 0

#2 6

#3 1

#4 0

#5 0
[signature]
Hey there Utah Boys, thanks for tagging along. It is hard to compete from across the states but this poll is not a competition anyways. It just lets the other members know where they stand. Some of us may have too many rods and not know what to do with them all and others may have our expertise honed in well enough that we don't need as many. My hat is off to those type as well as those that have many rods with each one specialized by species.
[signature]
#1) 2...I used to be into sturgeon fishing (hence the name), but it's been a long time since I pulled either of those rods out of the shed!

#2) I think I've got 10. Still a ways away from how many I want though! Har! I'm only 18 though and a poor college student, so the collection is still building up...

#3) 1 fly rod. It was my grandpa's older brother's. It's OLD and i'm sure worth a good deal of money... [cool]

#4) I'm with tube dude...I don't use short poles for ice fishing either...

#5) 0
[signature]
I guess I really must be a beginner then . . .

1. None

2. 3

3. 3 rods, 4 reels and one extra spool.

4. none

5. none
[signature]
1. NONE
2.#28
3.#2
4.#9
5.#3 PIKE POLES
I HAVE 4 BIG SALMON POLES TOO
I ALSO HAVE MANY MANY MISC...POLE ENDS AND POLES AND TIPS AND EYES[blush]
[signature]
1. 0

2. 4 (2-casting & 2trolling)

3. 0

4. 2

5. 0
[signature]

Hey there tubeN2,

After retiring and before returning to the US I sold all but 20 some rods and about 15 reels (had over 500 reels, some Japanese Imperial Army issue).

I had two rooms full of rods, reels, pictures, glass cases of flies, 100+ tackle boxes, throw nets, ashtrays, dishes, bottles, bait boxes, books, magazines, paintings, 100+ year old sinker hooks sets, bobber collections, etc., etc. If it dealt with fishing I collected it.

30 years of collecting made for a little bit of extra cash! heh heh! I have never looked over my shoulder since. And..... will never collect again!

JapanRon
[signature]