Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosquito Lagoon Report
Capt. Rob Blake’s fishing report from Florida’s Mosquito Lagoon and Upper Indian River-updated February 7th, 2002.<br><br>Unfortunately, there isn’t much to report this week. We are experiencing a lot of wind due to an approaching front. I’ve had one charter this past week and the catching was not so hot.<br><br>David Roberts Junior and Senior, from Orlando, joined me for a planned ¾ day trip on Mosquito Lagoon. We experienced a lot of fog, slight rain and wind to start the day. In the first four hours, we only got 2 rat reds and a couple of trout. Then the wind accelerated to over 25mph out of the north causing us to call the day early. The ride back across Tiger basin was not fun at all…once you get off the flats, the water gets rough real quick in the deeper areas. Needless to say, we were all soaked by the time we got back to the dock.<br><br>The weather has cooled off somewhat, but nothing like the first week of January. Look for the fish to turn on again after the next cold front passes through. January was an EPIC month for sightfishing, and hopefully that will continue in February.<br><br>Yes, the water levels are still very low. It will most likely be some time before it comes up to “comfortable” levels.<br><br>Next week, I hope to have more to report. <br><br><br>Capt. Rob Blake<br>www.redfishonfly.com<br>1-866-RED-DRUM Toll Free<br>1-321-633-0923 local<br>1-321-544-5041 cell<br><br><br><br><br><br>Contact Capt. Rob at 1-866-RED-DRUM <br>or 321-633-0923 or 321-544-5041 (cell).