Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fort LauderdaleFishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Gary Lacy from Arkansas andfriends from all over the country were in Fort LauderdaleFL for a convention, and decided to charterthe Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team to do some deep seefishing in Ft. Lauderdale FL.[/font][/size]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]The weather conditions today was an east northeast wind at10-15 mph, 3-5 ft. seas, 20% chance of rain. Our saying here in Fort Lauderdale FLis: If you do not like the weather, wait5 minutes since it will change. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]1.8 miles from shore, 15 minutes from leaving the dock,fishing lines were in the water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale FL. With the ocean looking alive and large schoolsof flying fish exiting the water, it looked like it would be a very productiveday of fishing aboard the Happy Day Today. We had one plainer down with a 3 ½ drone blue reflector spoon, threeBallyhoos and two Bonito strips for surface bait with a Ballyhoo dredgeteaser. As birds were working in thearea, I could see the flying fish coming out of the water – some predator waschasing them. I headed closer to thearea, I could see the green hornets in the water - Mahi Mahi. We caught fiveMahi Mahi’s, all gaffers. From there wetrolled around, and a black shadow appeared behind the dredge teaser –Sailfish!!! Jackson, our mate, droppedthe bait back to the Sailfish – we hooked up the Sailfish. Ten minutes into the battle, the hookdislodged and the Sailfish got away – next one will be ours. All the fishing lines went back into thewaters and we started trolling again. This time the plainer rod bent over – line exiting the reel at a fastrate – rod tip bouncing up and down, as Jacksonturned around to look at me, and I confirmed that yes, it will be a Wahoo.Twenty minutes later, Garyreeled in a 38 lb. Wahoo.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]With five Mahi Mahi’s, a Black Tip Shark, Kingfish, BlackFin Tunas and a Wahoo in the box, it was time to head back to the dock at BahiaMar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]For an enjoyable and adventurous deep sea fishing Fort Lauderdale FLaboard the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team for Sailfish, Shark,Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contactCaptain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or
[signature]