Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone live at Mantua?
looking for ice info, I got 4 kids that want tot go bad been hounding me all morning after seeing pics.

Thanks Chad
[signature]
Ice may still be too thin for kids to be running around out there. Something to consider.
[signature]
no running around only fishing
[signature]
I would not take kids yet I was out on it this morning and it only had about 2 to 3 inches on it! I fished it but is was a little nerve racking! I would not be taking kids on it!
[signature]
I wanted to get out today, but the sickness that hit my wife and kids got to me last night. [Sad]

How did you end up doing? Hopefully you caught some. How far out from the shore did you venture? I knew today was going to be warmer than the last few days, and was curious to know what the ice was like because of it.
[signature]
Me and my son fished it today also we caught 7 trout and five little perch ice was singing until we left at 1230 ice was 2.5 to 3 inches where we fished about 200 yards straight out in 8 feet of water ran into chicken slayer great to put faces with names!
[signature]
Good to hear! Lavaman and myself will be heading there in the morning. Drove by Newton today with the family and saw some guys out on the ice. Friday, there were 3.5 inches right next to the dam.
[signature]
Good luck to you guys tomorrow Im hoping to fish newton on wed let us know how you do tomorrow
[signature]
Shoot me a pm if you do head to Newton on Wednesday. I am thinking about heading there too.
[signature]
I was the third truck on the dike at mantua, I started fishing about 150 yards off the bank, not a bite, Move out to about 300 yard off the bank caught one little trout, and it was slow. Move to about half way between the truck and the knowl point and caught 2 more trout and 1 dink perch about 3 inches long. It was slow but was picking up a little. I decided to head home and save my energy for tomorrow morning when the pros show up to show me how its done! I will be there first thing.
[signature]
Lavaman and myself will see you there. Coyotespinner is coming too, at least I think so. I drive a gray F150 extended cab. If my tent is up, it's an Eskimo Fatfish, red and black. If I remember, I will grab my BFT flag out of the boat and toss it in my sled.
[signature]
I hope you guys get some big fat Gills. I know they are in there, I played with a few last spring.I will probably wait till next week for the ice fishin .I'm a woosy on the thin stuff.

Wiil look forward to more reports . Good luck and Merry Fishmas.
[signature]
As I told Ben - my username should be like yours - but ends different ' - rhymes with twit.

Pretty warm last night and still this morning. My rope-buddy was a wee nerve-wracked after our last pucker outing.
Pretty good flow of fluff coming down too - gotta make the roads "interesting".

Hopefully I can make it up to Newton and catch up with ya'll there. Wed sounds good.
Sorry Lava - Bama's got spare jigs - though I have your gift-package at the ready.

Is it too late to put up Xmas lights?