Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
starvation report for panfish
perch at 47 feet deep. do i really need to tell ya what i caught them on? or can you guess lol gizzy bugs in crazy orange with orange jig head 12 inches below a kastmaster a pinch of worm to get the first one and then i switch over to eye balls. got a half a bucket today. and two limits of trout and home by 1 pm it dont get know sweeter than that. p.s 5 degrees at arrival and 15 degrees at departchure. PM me if you have any questions PANFISH
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Looking forward to getting out there for some perch jerkin. How thick was the ice?
[signature]
5in
[signature]
Hey Glen, good to see ya found the perch. I was up there yesterday and searched everywhere around the bridge from 18-40 feet and didnt find one perch. I left scratchin my head. On a better note, i HAD a walleye at the hole, gave one last head shake and broke the chain on my Hali. Oh well, i was pretty excited to have almost had one. We got all the fat bows we could handle. All in all another good trip to Starvation. That place never disapoints. I might be back out next sat. We should meet up.
[signature]
Richmac1,Bummer on the broken chain...sounds like all you had to do was go a little bit further out on the flats and you would have got into them. Yes we need to get together and go again...I just never know with the snowfall....because I have snowplow duties with my job throughout the winter. Send me a P.M. again when you are going and I will look at the weather forecast. Maybe it was a northern bit the chain.... Thanks Glen
[signature]
Was also there today caught a limit of trout and a limit of perch caught all of them at 47 feet caught them all on a Swedish pimple and a pink gizzy bug below that.
[signature]
Zipp,

You must have been fishing pretty close to where we were at. Them old gizzy bugs are the shit aren't they?! We caught a bunch of perch on the orange gazilla. They fish real good for us too. That wasn't you on the snow mobile was it? LOL
[signature]
That wasn't me but he was with us. Thought he was crazy for having it out there.
[signature]
It was good to see you again Pikeman. Here's our report for the day. 2 limits of good trout and about 50 perch. The key for me was a glow gazilla and orange 1/32 head under a spoon. My bro had most of his on the gizzy bug same set-up. Perch at 47' and trout all through the column. Afternoon/evening bite was much faster than the rest of the day. Awesome day on the harddeck!! First real outing in a long, long, time. As for the snowmobiler, he had a bit of a time getting up the hill - high centered at the top. Took him a bit to get it going again. Pics of the days haul attached and hope to see you again soon....
[signature]
I should have sent you this pic to you to include with the catch....this was the work of one of the bows. Went through the lines of the 3 other poles that were all double rigged and not sure you can see it in the mess, but there is a spring bobber in there somewhere. Did manage to get him through hole luckily. It was definitely an awesome day (until the drive home [crazy]) ...good call on a Starvation run! As for Mr. Pikeman it was great talking with you and glad to see your son got a haul to take home.
[signature]
Did he receive just punishment for his crime? Causing that much mayhem and destruction would be grounds for filet, BBQ, and devour punishment.
[signature]
Judge and jury sentenced him to be held on the ice deck as a fishcicle until properly seasoned and consumed.
[signature]
where were u at? gonna head out tomorrow and take the grandsons for their first trip and do not want to get skunked?
[signature]
The drive home would have been better if you hadn't slammed on your brakes and hit it harder so that it couldn't get up and run away. You know how good venison tastes on the harddeck! [sly]
[signature]
200 yds south of the bridge 100 yds offshore. Good luck
[signature]
The venison lunch you cooked was good.....you do have a good point there! Sounds like a good excuse to make another trip out there. I'm thinking you can drive this round, cause I know you won't see them in time.
[signature]